Jim at Gravel Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim at Gravel Hill

Hello All, I am Jim, a 66 year old male who was diagnosed with MS 20 years ago. I never had much trouble with MS until about four years ago when I began to have problems walking. Since that time I have increasing problems with walking, driving, both hands, and my eyes.

I was born basically where I am now, in the lower part of South Carolina, in fact only about 40 miles from Hilton Head. I was raised on this farm where we had horses, cows, hogs, sheep, and goats. Most of my life as was outdoors, being very active and having a grand time.

In high school I was very active in athletics and excelled in football and track. I still hold several records which were established in high school in these two sports. I was given a free ride to Clemson University on a football scholarship and finished Clemson with a degree in mechanical engineering.

I tell you all of this so you can understand the radical difference of my life then, and the life I live now in a wheelchair. The good thing about all of this is that I'm still on the "right side of the grass."

We all have problems in life and we all deal with our problems in different ways. I don't consider my problems any worse or less than anyone else going through life. We all have all bumps in the road that present a challenge, but to me, that is what keeps us going.

WELCOME TO MSWORLD! We are very glad to have you here. I grew up on a farm also, and I still live there. I can relate to the hard work of a farm. Wishing you the best!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Jim, Welcome to MSWorld! Love your perspective on the world - and your MS.

Comment

Good to meet you, Jim. I'm a country lad too, but from the Midwest, and I like your perspective too. Ya gotta swing at what's pitched to ya. Hope to hear more from you.
        Dan

Comment

For Jim at Gravel Hill

Wow- I saw your post and had trouble breathing --
          My great, great grandfather built Gravel Hill and I know that the your family owned it until the present owner --
          I have MS and several family members do as well --
          I have always wondered if the MS came from the CBW family line -- the cousins who have MS are from that line -- as well as my brother and myself.
          I moved to Hilton Head in 1979 and my father's comment was that I was moving back to my roots -- visited Gravel Hill about 4 years ago with several cousins -- wish I had seen it when your family still owned it -- too much info for the rest of the world-- but had to say hello to you ! I can't figure out how to find people's emails on this - sorry to be so public !

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Jim and after reading golfwidow's post, may I say that this in a small world! How fun!

golfwidow- you may put your email in your Profile in hopes that Jim may see it. Please remember that you do so at your own risk as others may see it as well.
            Go to UserCP > Edit Details
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Jim at Gravel Hill

I meant to write BLW - builder of Gravel Hill --
              Would rather use initials --

Comment

Seasha

Thanks for the email advice --

Comment

Working...