It's been a tough day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a tough day.

I've had a cold coming on for a couple days, woke up this morning feeling completely trashed. I have completely lost all strength in my left leg and arm. I've peed myself because I can't didn't get to the bathroom in time. Tomorrow is 25 yrs anniversary with MS, it's my birthday too.

And we had to put down our sweet little calico cat today who has been with us for twelve years.
    Karen

Karen- Troubles sure seem to come in bunches, don't they? Thank Murphy for that. Do something special for yourself tomorrow; you sure deserve it. Happy Birthday from the other side of the state!
    Dan

Comment

((Karen)) I hope tomorrow is a better day.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I'm sorry.

Comment

Aw...I am sorry you are having such a terrible time...sending hugs your way

Comment

so sorry you had a bad day
            I hope you get to do something special for you birthday tomorrow...you deserve it!
            dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

KarenKay, I'm so sorry you are having a crappy day. As I'm sure you know, stress & illness can exacerbate MS symptoms, so your cold and having to say goodbye to your cat today are certainly going to kick things up.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and your increased symptoms.

Hang tough.

Comment

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Maybe the nasty symptoms you experienced are related to the sadness you feel after losing your cat. We had to put our beautiful boxer to sleep in December-he was 13-and it was much harder than I expected. Losing an animal you love affects you in a lot of unexpected ways. You just have to tough it out and you will get through it. I had a crappy day yesterday MS-wise, but today is a bit better.

Comment

People sometimes forget pets are family. I hope you can surround yourself with people who understand m.s. and love you! If not just know you are being heard and you are not alone. My prayer tonight will be for you!

Comment

Keep warm and Happy Birthday! I am in St Paul

Comment

Karen,
                      Greetings from St. Paul/St. Croix River...this cold is ridiculous, and soon to get worse! So sorry to hear of your troubles, but keep in mind "this too shall pass..." I am inspired that you are at the 25 year mark with MS. Although you're having some challenges, please know that you are an inspiration to those of us who are fairly newly diagnosed.

RE: the loss of your cat...there's little in life that is so empty and draining as the loss of a friend. Please know that you gave her an amazing home, and she could feel your love.

I hope you do something special to celebrate your b-day. Claim your space in this crazy world. I'm glad you're here!

--Nancy

Comment

Thank you all who replied , you made me smile. I do feel a little better today and able to keep some food down. My dear, sweet hubby is such a good friend and nursemaid to me. God has blessed me greatly with him.
                        Karen

Comment

So glad to hear you are having a better day.

Stay warm!

Comment

Happy birthday Karen! I hope you have a much better day than yesterday.

Comment

happy birthday Karen! I hope you are feeling better.
                              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                              volunteer
                              MS World
                              hunterd@msworld.org
                              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
                              X