IV Steriod Reprecussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV Steriod Reprecussions

I went to my neuro to change an appointment, and see saw me the next day. I was having some left side weakness and trouble holding on to things. After she put me through the physical tests, She immediately recommended a 3 day infusion.

I felt better with the left side and gripping, however I am having some extreme issues with my hips. Very painful, not sure if anyone else has ideas or has had theses issues before.

most of all my sx have been cognitive until now. I am feeling a bit lost and confused.

Thank you in advance

Billy
    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Hi Billy,

Glad to hear some improvement. I have a little weakness in one hip, but sometimes during a flare, I get pain in both. For me, I don't think it is the solumedrol, but the fact that I am usually very sedentary during these periods. Once I can start moving more, it usually resolves.

What type of pain is it and does anything aggravate it? It could be worth a call to your neuro, as pain itself can be MS caused.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

The pain is like a shooting pain. Kinda feels like my hips are shooting out of my sockets. I have had this issue before but never thought about it in relation to the MS. This time was different though. After the IV my pain left my left side rather quickly and now for the past 3 days I am walking so gingerly.

I revisit with my Neuro on the 24th! Hopefully it has surrendered by then.

Thank you So Much!!!!!!

Billy
      Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

Working...
      X