47 getting worse by the minute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

47 getting worse by the minute

In February 2013, I quit walking. Now? I'm looking @ tubes, for everything. Have lost my husband of 21 years in April, my Dad in June. Am staying at my Mom's now. I am in diapers.I don't drive. Rarely leave my room. Can't speak or eat right. 115 pounds in Oct. 92 pounds in Nov. Just wasting away! Can anyone tell me what to do? Anyone like me?

Wendy, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I don't have the problems that you are experiencing. However, I wanted you to know that you are not alone. I will be praying for you.

Comment

I don't have any wise words but please know you are not alone. Sending a gentle cyber hugs.
      Jules
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and your Dad. I can't imagine how you are feeling. Please know that you are not alone. Try to make an effort to eat so you can gain some strength. ((((Hugs))))

Comment

Wendy, I'm so sorry for your losses and for your current health status. Please reach out to the National MS Society: www.nmss.org. There's a link to find your local chapter...maybe they will be able to provide some resources such as in-home assistance.

You will be in my prayers.

Comment

Hi Wendy,

I'm so sorry about the losses of both husband and your dad, along with your declining health. Please try to eat if possible, even if it's only in liquid form, like the liquid supplements "Boost" or "Ensure." Maybe that will help you avoid a feeding tube? At only 92 lbs., I can only imagine how weak you are. An antidepressant might be of help, too, I can't imagine not being depressed with all you've been going through.

Something that might be worth investigating is if you can get home physical & occupational therapy, since you are homebound. Do you have a powerchair? Maybe that would help you to get out of your room? If you can possibly see a urologist and/ or a gastroenterologist, they may be able to offer some solutions to help you get out of diapers. Maybe a Speech & Language pathologist can help with your difficulty with speech & eating?

I went through a time I was bedbound and lost a lot of weight. Drinking "Boost" helped me both maintain & gain some weight, an avoid a feeding tube. Eventually, with the help of a Speech & Language Pathologist, I was gradually able to eat again. It was hard and took a long time, but occupational and physical therapy finally helped me to at least sit up in a w/c all day. A urologist finally helped me to get out of diapers, as well.

Where I live, public bussing isn't the greatest, but a part of their service will come to your house (as long as it falls within certain guidelines). The fare is 1/2 the regular price ($2), and a caregiver rides for free. I don't know if this is something you have in your area that you can, or already have, looked into. Maybe, if something like this is available where you live, it could help you at least get to dr. appts.? (There's a lift that makes them accessible for those in wheelchairs ...) I know there's not a perfect solution, especially when you're faced with so many challenges.

My circumstances were/ are very different than yours, but I hope there's possibly something I said that might help you? I don't know if any are really feasible for you ... I hope something is. Please stay in touch with us . My heart goes out to you & you're in my prayers .
            Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Working...
            X