I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge today

A year ago it would have been a piece of cake to climb. 10.5 months ago, while laying in my hospital bed learning I had MS, it would have been impossible. Today it was one of the hardest things I have ever done and I am sure I will pay for it for several days to come but it was such an amazing experience and I got to enjoy it with my daughter.

I am so full of emotions tonight. I am jealous of all the other climbers who checked the box stating they had no medical conditions that could prevent the climb without any hesitation.

I am grateful that 10.5 months after my first relapse I can see and walk again and have not experienced another significant relapse.

I am terrified of what this MonSter may have in store for me. I am angry for what it has already taken away from me and so many of you.

Climbing the bridge has been a dream of mine long before MS and I feel so blessed to have been able to do it.

Congratulations! I climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge a couple of years ago, but I hadn't been diagnosed or having symptoms. I thought it was a great accomplishment then, but I can't imagine how it must be for you now....amazing! Was it windy up there? Was it sunny or rainy today? Did you get any of the pictures?

Again, congratulations, you rock!

Comment

Fantastic!

Congratulations MSWhileOverseas! That is Awesome!!
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

I am proud of you! I hope you took photos ... I have a photo on my camera of the first long hike I took after flare no. 1 and six weeks of physio to fix my gait and build my right side strength back up. The photo is of my toes in the water at the point.

In May of this year, I didn't think I would EVER be able to do it. I hiked it in July. That photo continues to inspire me through my current flare ... in fact, have to transfer it to my new Christmas present phone.

Be well ... and thanks for sharing your story .

Comment

WOW- What an accomplishment! I'm so proud of you too!

I used to hike in mountains up to the snow lines and can really appreciate what you have done. There is such a radiant sense of awe once you have reached that goal - both inwardly and outwardly while looking out at vantage points.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I love hearing these kind of stories
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I wasn't sure if I should post this or not but it was such a huge accomplishment for me and I wanted to share with people who would really understand that.

It was a perfect day. Partly cloudy and a little wind to keep us cool. I couldn't take my own camera but I pre-purchased photos the guide took of us.

Best wishes to you all and happy new year

Comment

I used to live in Sydney, right near the Harbour Bridge, in Kirribilli. If I leaned out my living room window, I had the most wonderful view of the Opera House and the city.

Used to walk across the bridge to the city on a daily basis. Climbed it once, pre-MS. It is a long way up, and a long way down (obviously).

Well down!

Comment

Working...
              X