Symptoms worse while switching med?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms worse while switching med?

My neuro talked me into switching from Beta (after 6 yrs) to Tecfidera. Tysabri is her first choice, but I am scared of pml. I developed worsening spasticity while on Betaseron, but my mri has been stable for 3 years. She hopes that some of it was actually cause by Betaseron, and will get better on Tecfidera. She has a lot of patients who switched, tolerated Tec, and felt better than they did on Betaseron.

I have missed 3 shots so far, she told me to go off Betaseron 2 weeks before I start Tec. I have shooting nerve pain in my quadricep when I weight bear and bend my knee. I feel a lot tighter on my wnole right side. Could this be from going off Betaseron?

Originally posted by Hutchij4 View Post
    I have shooting nerve pain in my quadricep when I weight bear and bend my knee. I feel a lot tighter on my wnole right side. Could this be from going off Betaseron?
    Maybe, but you said that the reason you are changing medicines is because your spasticity is getting worse anyway. So if worsening spasticity keeps doing what it was doing anyway it might be hard to tell if going off Betaseron has anything to do with it.

I guess I'm like those other patients of your doctor. When I got off of my interferon I felt better almost right away. I had a hand tremor that disappeared within 2 weeks of getting off of Rebif.

I hope you feel better soon and that Tecfidera helps.

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
      Maybe, but you said that the reason you are changing medicines is because your spasticity is getting worse anyway. So if worsening spasticity keeps doing what it was doing anyway it might be hard to tell if going off Betaseron has anything to do with it.

I guess I'm like those other patients of your doctor. When I got off of my interferon I felt better almost right away. I had a hand tremor that disappeared within 2 weeks of getting off of Rebif.

I hope you feel better soon and that Tecfidera helps.
      Ok thanks. The spasticity get worse, but not for more than a year. It was wierd that it affected my arm when my big lesions are thoracic.

It seems wierd to have extreme pain in my rt quadricep and shooting pain down my knee right when I go off Beta. My spasticity has been rt hamstring and rt arm...

Comment

Working...
      X