Birthplace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just outside Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I still live in Canada, and have been living in Whitehorse, Yukon for over 10 years.

If latitude is an indicator of the potential of developing MS, I am the poster child.....
    " An eye for an eye; and soon the whole world is blind" -- Mahatma Ghandi

Comment

Lansing, Michigan - Spent my whole childhood and next 30 years OUTDOORS. Think MS and vitamin D is a bunch of junk. Am 67 and have PPMS, Dx 17 yrs and I'm almost a slug.

Comment

Lowell, Massachusetts

Comment

Born in Napa California, moved to Lawrence KS for four years, then central/north central UT for the next 40+. Now in Reno NV. Played outside, rode horses, loved tanning booths in my 30's. Diagnosed at age 44 with no family history on either side of MS, but a great grandpa and great aunt with Parkinson's.
          ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Interesting about the Parkinsons. My great-grandmother had it and that was the only known neuro disease in our family tree until an uncle and I were both diagnosed with ms in 2011. I worry about him a bit. He has really gone overboard with the alternative stuff and is not doing so well. He won't take DMDs but has had the ccsvi and stem cell work done. He insists he is going to get cured with his alternative treatments, and who knows, maybe he will..

Comment

Born in Mississippi along with 5 siblings, raised in northern Illinois from about age 6 month old. No MS in ANY family members near or far. M

Comment

Born in Paducah, KY and moved to Southern WI when I was 13. Wisconsin became my chosen "forever" home very quickly. I love everything about it!

Comment

Southern CA

Born in southern CA, raised in southern OR, college in FL, lived next 8 years in Cayman Islands, lived in China for 21 years, spent two stints of 3 years each in IN.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

RRMS, dx May 2013, on Gilenya from May '13 - Aug. 14
                  Currently following Dr. Jelinek's OMS (Overcoming MS) plan

Comment

Grew up Wester NY Rochester

Born 55 in Niagara Falls NY. Grew up in Rochester NY.college at SUNY Potsdam. Initial symptoms 81 in Westchester Cty NY. Diagnose in 94 in Dallas TX. 15 yrs MDs told me to
                    Wear flat shoes. I had tingly feet. MRI confirmed MS.
                    AVONEX since 8/99. I walk with walker, drugs are
                    Doing what they are supposed to do.
                    Carol

Comment

Welcome, caparo (Carol)! I see this is your first post.

I was born in Chicago but moved to the south when I was 2 and stayed there till I was 13, then returned to Chicago. I spent a lot of time in the sun up until my late teens. Still, in a northern latitude they say that even spending a lot of time in the sun doesn't insure that you're getting enough vitamin D.

I like to think I've been doing better since I started taking 5000IU/day of vitamin D3 but that could be wishful thinking.
                      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

On an Army base in Newport News, Virginia. Right near the Atlantic. We moved to Oregon when my dad retired (I was 18 months old) and I have lived here ever since.

I was working at an architectural firm in Portland that had 250 people, and there were 4 with MS--at least the ones that had 'outed' themselves about it (maybe more, ya know?)

My significant others swears it's the water, hehe.

Comment

Where Born

I was born in Indiana.

Comment

Born and raised in the Caribbean. Moved away in my 20's. No family history of MS or other autoimmune diseases. Lucky me, right?!
                            First episode with third pregnancy
                            On my fourth med: Tysabri since Jan 2013
                            Proud mommy of three children

Comment

I was born in South Carolina and have no family hx of MS. I was dx May of last year.

“Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
                              ― Helen Keller

Comment

Born and raised in London, UK. I personally think there is a strong link to vitamin d levels in MSers which isn't necessarily always fixed with sun exposure.

Agate - I'm very new to all of this (CIS since May this year) but I'm not surprised about people pursuing the alternatives, evidence of DMDs efficacy really is mixed. I have really pushed on with the lifestyle changes (I can definitely say they were necessary) but I still wonder whether to add copaxone into the mix (of diet, exercise, sleep, vitamins and LDN). Really is not an easy decision

Comment

Working...
                                X