Trying to make Christmas cookies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make Christmas cookies

This is the first time this has happened. I'm rolling dough into little balls between my hands and I got suddenly dizzy. I've been exhausted anyway and probably shouldn't even try to do this. But you know how it is. You think you can still do the things you always did in the past.

So just wondering... does this happen to anyone else? This dizziness while using your hands or being in motion? Think it's the MS?
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hi Marti: Sorry this happened to you. It is likely do to your MS, but could also be due to an ear problem. If you have felt no pain, fullness, or problem with your ear in the last couple of days, it might be just your MS.

It can be motion related if your eyes are what caused it to start. Meaning if your eyes are not teaming together, they could have a problem with seeing motion as one fluid movement and therefore interpret it as dizziness in the brain.

If you have fluid in your ear, motion in your body can give off the same reaction in the brain...a feeling of dizziness. So it depends on the motion. If it is just your hands, it could be related to your eyes, and therefore your brain, if it is related to you moving, it could also still be related to your eyes, or it could be related to your ears. You may want to call your neurologist for some answers here. He/she can do a quick exam, look in your ears for fluid, and determine where the dizziness is coming from. After that, he will know what to proscribe to help the dizziness as it differs for each origin.

Best of luck.
    Take care and let us know how it goes.
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
      This is the first time this has happened. I'm rolling dough into little balls between my hands and I got suddenly dizzy. I've been exhausted anyway and probably shouldn't even try to do this. But you know how it is. You think you can still do the things you always did in the past.

So just wondering... does this happen to anyone else? This dizziness while using your hands or being in motion? Think it's the MS?
      Marti,

are you in the kitchen with the oven on? I gave up on baked cookies a long time ago because of the heat involvement. The kitchen heats up when the oven's on, and then putting in and taking out the cookie sheet just adds to the heat issue. And I do get dizzy from the heat.

I have a couple old standy's of non bake cookies that I use when I need to bring cookies somewhere or to give as gifts.

Just a thought.

Comment

Can you sit down to roll the balls? Another thing I do is make the dough one day but bake the cookies the next. It's a great energy saver.

Hope this doesn't last for you. I'm a huge cookie fan!

Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thanks guys. This all makes sense. I've never had this much fatigue before. I've been baking and cooking for over 40 years and now I am afraid I might have to stop. Yes, the hot oven does make it worse. And yes, sometimes I sit to do part of the processing. It just kills me that I can't do what I used to do.
          Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
          X