So So tired, but can't sleep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So So tired, but can't sleep

I am so dreadfully fatigued, to the point that I can barely drag myself and the kids out of the house in the morning. I'm too tired to even cry, cause that is what I feel like. I can't go on...
    I can't sleep either, which is only adding to the problem. I am not taking any new medication, what could this be? I spent most of last night on the couch, tossing and turning. I seem to have some serious restless legs all night. Every bit of energy I do have seems to be leaving my body through my legs.

Amy,

There is a condition known as Restless Leg Syndrome, and there is medication that can help with that.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/res...ndrome/DS00191 I'd recommend seeing your PCP.

I hope with medication for RLS you will get some sleep!

Take care,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I am dragging my tail...seriously dellusional at this point I have 3 class Christmas parties tomorrow to get ready for. I hope I don't blow this. I really hate this, I want to feel good and enjoy my kids.

Comment

Have you had a sleep study? Probably the first step if you are fatigued and having sleep issues.

Now that my sleep apnea is dealt with, I'm trying gabapentin tonight to see if it slows down my twitches and bounces ...

Comment

Don't know what it is but I know what it is like.
          (I give it two thumbs down.)

Comment

I take Trazadone for sleep. Maybe with a good night sleep you won't feel so fatigued. I had a doctor thought I had restless leg but it was from more than inability to sleep prescribed the med and it wasn't for me. My Neuro said he knew my problem was not RLS. Good luck

Comment

Just a warning .. you shouldn't take any sedative type sleep meds if there is any chance you have sleep apnea. Apnea needs to be ruled out first. I didn't snore. At all. Family doctor said couldn't be sleep apnea but likely stress (how many times have I heard THAT this year??? )

So my doctor tried me on several different sedatives ... they didn't work (thank goodness) and resulted in sleep paralysis and other pretty bad reactions. However, if they had worked during my non-breathing episodes and I HADN'T been able to wake up ... well, bad outcome.

Comment

RLS

RLS for sure! Consult your neurologist. He/she'd be able to guide you better in this regard. The treatment would depend on the severity of your syndrome. If your symptoms are mild, simply exercising, stretching or massaging your legs, or taking a hot bath may bring relief. Lifestyle changes also may help, especially following a balanced diet and avoiding caffeine, alcohol and cigarette smoking. Iron treatment may be helpful, even when there is no evidence of iron deficiency. Many experts also recommend mentally challenging activities, such as crossword puzzles or video games, to reduce symptoms (perhaps by distraction).As you've stated, it seems like a long-lasting discomfort. Call a doctor; it'll surely help you out in treating your syndrome cautiously.
                Andrea.G.Wolford

Comment

Working...
                X