Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Lost

Hi everyone,
    My name is Keshia and I reside in Canada. I'm really not sure where to start. I'm overwhelmed and still in shock. Newly diagnosed this past October with RRMS.

I've been complaining of not feeling myself for years. They thought it was vertigo however meds never worked or I'd just complain of pain and dizziness and by the time I get to a doctor I'm fine. My vision has gotten worse and constant headaches. I've been told in the past still told that I'm stressed. Yes I am a single mother of 4 (2 sets of twins) but this does not stress me. Children are my life.

I feel it took too long to find out what was really wrong. Now I am dealing with cognitive impairments. I feel like a child at times.At one point I was partially paralyzed in my left leg and I could barely speak nor swallow. I'm a very optimistic person always have been but I am having a very hard time doing so. At times I can't put sentences together or spell out simple words. Have difficulties bathing myself as embarrassed as I am to admit.

I'm just afraid for my children now. My eight year olds are scared to death and I hate to see them sad and my 1 year olds I can barely care for them anymore. I really hate this. I feel resources here in Canada are scarce or they just don't feel I need the help.

I want to be better. Haven't been back to work for over 3 months. Can't take it anymore. I need the biggest hug ever!!! I feel terrible even complaining because there are those that have it worse than I do.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi Keshia,

I'm relatively new here too but I can certainly relate to how you are feeling. It's overwhelming at best and you with four small children...gosh, I feel for you.

It took decades for me to be diagnosed...way too long. My last relapse in early March of this year left my right side pretty useless. I couldn't lift my hand, raise my arm, my leg wouldn't move. Not being able to take care of my personal needs was a major blow to my modesty. I still have cognitive issues too...all these months later.

I do hope you're able to get the help you need. Do you have family members or friends who can give you a hand occasionally? I'll keep you in my prayers...and here's a virtual hug (((hug))) across the miles. You hang in there.

Comment

Keisha

You have more strength than you know. You can be a wonderful example to those 4 children.

It is good that you have found MS world...you know you are not alone and not the only one dealing with MS.

All of us are scared. None of us know what will happen to us in the future. I was diagnosed 3 years ago. I have come to understand my body and the way it reacts to my MS. Although I can't be cured I can manage my MS. It gives me confidence.

Find out all you can about MS. Research all your symptoms. Talk to others here or in your community who have MS and who are managing. Use all the resources you can find. You can learn to deal with all of this.

I have spent a TON of time in Canada and I live close to BC and Alberta..my email is in my profile. Email me if I can help.

You can live a good life with those lovely twins. Don't be scared.

Justacowgirl
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Keshia, first of all, I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. I'm in Ontario; have you checked out support groups through the MS Society for the newly diagnosed?

Have you been open with your family doctor about this? A referral to a counselor could be a very good thing (I just started going and wish I had started much earlier in the process).

My children are also scared ... which adds to the guilt-meter. In my case, I am in limbo and don't know whether or not it's ms. I'm still at the stage where I "think" it would be better to know the beast I"m fighting.

Have you been put on a DMT?

This is a really good place to come to for support; I'm glad you found the site.

Comment

(((((Big Hugs))))) as requested!! Where in Canada do you live?

Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Keisha

(((((HUGS))))) from Florida. I also am newly dx'd and having troubles dealing, but I come here and I feel so much better, the people here are the best. God Bless them all.
            Cherish what you do have. I find when I have a bummer day/s by doing that it doesn't seem so bad. Look for an MS society in your area, family/friends/ new friends here also.
            Take care and love those little ones.

Comment

Hi Keisha,

I'm in Limbo still, live in the Toronto area.

Like Aspen said check your local MS center, they may be able to assist you and give you support and resources.

I also have young children (3 kids). And it breaks my heart when I hear them say "mommy your always not feeling well"

I'm praying for you and your family. I wish you courage, strength and love!

This is a great site for support.

Take care,
              Minnie76

Comment

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry things are not well.

Definitely contact your local MS Society for support.

I don't have kids, but maybe some of these resources will help?

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/mul...lin/index.aspx

Comment

Working...
                X