It Works!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Works!!

So after using the Bioness L300 in physical therapy for a month, I decided to break down and pay for the device flat out. $6320.00 is the price now. I am almost wheelchair bound and can barely get from point A to B without hugging a wall, hiking up my leg, dragging my foot, grabbing onto chairs. A cane? Forget it.

The Bioness arrived last week and I had it programmed yesterday by my physical therapist, who is very familiar with the device. I put it on this morning and honest to God, I looked like a normal person! I haven't walked in a very long time, almost a year, so I still get tired, but with it on, I looked like I could start jogging soon.

I made a video and sent it to my mother, had people watch me at work, and everyone is amazed and stunned. This was worth EVERY penny! If you're having troubles walking, I strongly encourage you to get screened for the Bioness. And don't be discouraged, if when you first put it on, you're shaky and don't see results. I used mine for a month during physical therapy and got more comfortable with it. I also started taking Ampyra yesterday, so damn , I am going to walk lol.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

That's super wonderful news, Dreams

I have often thought that this might be the next step (pun intended) for me as well! I tried Ampyra but I was one of the unlucky ones with no results. Was, or is there, any pain involved while getting used to the Bioness? And did you say you got to try it out for a month before buying it?

Safe walking now!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

That's great!

I had bad luck with the one I tried. It was fine for a bit and then one time it didn't trigger so I tripped.

Comment

Wow! That is SO cool! I tried the Bioness in PT, but like most my insurance didn't pay for it, so I just opted for a regular one. I must say, I am now considering it. To hear how well you are doing, it makes me think how much it is worth the money! You have given me hope again! Thank you!

Lisa
        Moderation Team
        Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
        SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
        Tysabri

Comment

Seasha...The first meeting the stimulation is a little intense because it's new. I was lucky enough to find a physical therapist that Bioness had borrowed the cuff out to so I was able to use the one at the center for a month. Just to clarify, I was only able to use it while at the center, maybe a total of 20 mins twice a week. I was not able to bring it home. I wanted to make sure this was going to be a wise investment, so I put time into making sure it worked. You actually get used to the stimulation pretty quick. You have a remote where you can turn down and up the level of intensity you need depending on your fatigue level. In the mornings I am at a 2 or 3, but by the afternoon I'm at a 5 or 6.

22Cyclist...My insurance denied it right off the bat, stating the reason why was because it was ineffective, without even seeing me. I knew, however, that if I didn't get the device, I would quickly become a fall victim and confined to a wheelchair. I'm way too stubborn for that right now. My neurologist is appealing it and it's worth a shot, but otherwise, was approved for a CareCredit loan at 24 months 0% interest. After you receive the Bioness and start using it, the worry of the money goes out the window. Like my boss always says, everything will work out if you just pray about it.

Comment

Working...
          X