Pills, shots, and caffine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pills, shots, and caffine

I feel like pills, shots, and caffeine, and all that keeps me upright and functioning all day everyday!

I am a young mother of 3 and 37 years old I just keep thinking how many more years I have of pills, shots, and caffeine. It is sad especially when I an still in pain and having issues. I HATE THIS DISEASE

Hi lisa: Sorry you are having such a hard time right now. It can be easy to feel overwhelmed. Honestly, your shots, pills, and caffeine may go on for, well, forever. You can cut out the shots by changing your DMT, you can cut out the caffeine by using Provigil or something like it. Then you will have just pills. You will not be able to get off of pills. You can go without anything, but you will have many symptoms, and more exacerbations. It is not advisable to stop a DMT.

As time goes on, you will get used to the medications and it will be routine. I take 18 pills per day, with 1 infusion per month. It gets easier. Give it some time.

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

I can't imagine how you manage 3 kids let alone MS!! Give yourself a huge pat on the back for bring supermom!

Think of what a great example you are for those kids.. They can be so proud that their mom raised them "even though" she struggled with MS.

Sounds like all the caffeine and pills would be worth it .

J
      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Well I had a great day today. I got tons done at work! My kids actually cooperated. Here's to things looking up!

Comment

I absolutely, completely, and totally UNDERSTAND!!! I have 4, the oldest is 6. Seriously, my Keurig is running all day. I swallow the Tec in the morning with coffee. I swallow it at night with...coffee! :/ Some days I get a lot done, some days I get nothing (nothing defined as everybody got to eat, was safe, and is clean) done. Hang in there!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am starting an oral steroid taper and he wants me in yoga 3 days a week. When I said how am I supposed to find time for that he basically said if I want to feel good I will find the time and this will help me with staying mobile. Guess what I am now searching for a yoga class.

Comment

Originally posted by lisa1014 View Post
              Thanks everyone. I am starting an oral steroid taper and he wants me in yoga 3 days a week. When I said how am I supposed to find time for that he basically said if I want to feel good I will find the time and this will help me with staying mobile. Guess what I am now searching for a yoga class.
              Check your YMCA! Adult classes at mine are free, and run daily.

Comment

Working...
              X