the capriciousness of it all. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the capriciousness of it all. . .

My friend is pre-med at Harvard and his lab partner found out she has a brain tumor. She's picking out a burial plot for Christmas. I see so many people who enjoy learning, are actively curious, contributory, and sensitive getting these degenerative brain diseases, and yet there are people out there drunk, high, passed out under bridges and only curious about the sports page or the strip club.

People who want to be on disability and fantasize about watching six or seven hours of television a day. People who treat their bodies like garbage dumps. I now want to shake them and yell at them, that they are wasting an amazing resource and the finest product of evolution on our planet.

You have spoken such an amazing truth. It is a shame that many don't see the injustices around them. But such is life. Given the MS situation that we, both, endure, I prefer to search for the positives, as much as possible. Good luck

Comment

Life is precious! Difficult at times, but precious nonetheless. I believe there is a plan behind it all, and someday we will understand why things had to be the way they were.

For now, take each day with a smile in your heart, even if the smile on the face doesn't come.

Be full of joy, for that is what God intended. Rejoice that some put up with this earthly existence a bit shorter time than most, and that they will be given all they deserve.

For those that don't take care of what they've been given, their road will be a bit harder than it need be. But it is their choice!
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Yep. So true

Comment

Originally posted by dyin_myelin View Post
          My friend is pre-med at Harvard and his lab partner found out she has a brain tumor. She's picking out a burial plot for Christmas. I see so many people who enjoy learning, are actively curious, contributory, and sensitive getting these degenerative brain diseases, and yet there are people out there drunk, high, passed out under bridges and only curious about the sports page or the strip club.

People who want to be on disability and fantasize about watching six or seven hours of television a day. People who treat their bodies like garbage dumps. I now want to shake them and yell at them, that they are wasting an amazing resource and the finest product of evolution on our planet.
          d_m; sorry to hear your friend is preparing for the worst. I sure hope she starts preparing a battle plan, first! Google Cannabis Oil and Glioma's. fed

Google cannabis oil and Glioma. Sorry

Comment

It is perhaps the greatest sin I live with (envy).
            It drives me crazy that I put so much effort into my diet and fitness level while perfectly fit people seem to over-eat and under exercise themselves into a disabled condition.

It is a bit more work to eat well sneak time to keep fit.
            I can feel and measure some decline even with the effort.
            Sometime I wonder how much of my decline is age and how much is 20 years of MS?

Still it kills me to see so many people seem to sacrifice cheap easy food for good healthy food.
            If more people quit buying terrible "happy meals" and ate at home and packed a healthy lunch the food vendors would quickly adapt and we could go back to being lazy and buying our food on the fly.....It would just be good for us instead of the fried mystery meat and cheese many live on now.

When I see some people my age now I think;
            "Wow can you really not change your diet to improve your health?"
            But then I start to consider that to be an arrogant attitude.

If these "people" I see as healthy could control their lives better and be in better shape, They would.
            They are probably thing I should be able to stagger less and not look drunk?
            But we all struggle with something? It is just it is hard to hide overweight and out of shape.
            Sometimes it is due to gluttony, but many times something that can't be seen is holding them back.

Most people could take better care of themselves and feel better but choose not to for some reason.
            Yet everybody seems to dream about being 20 forever?
            Those fit people you see that are not 20 tend to be good at working at it.
            If you do not work at it, it seems to be difficult to stay fit north of forty?

Comment

Ah, but this is the story of Job. Why do bad things happen to good people? (And vice versa.) No doubt this is why we believe in God. Not entirely convinced myself, but you know... No atheists in foxholes, and I'm in a foxhole.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

I try not to judge others based on appearance or what they consume and what they do or do not do for themselves. We don't know the whole story and it isn't my place to judge, just as it isn't someone's place to judge me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thinkimjob View Post
                  No atheists in foxholes, and I'm in a foxhole.
                  LOL! I'm with you!
                  Tawanda

Comment

What you are feeling is normal and natural. When we lost my brother at 36 Y.O.,the jewel of our family, every surviving family member said almost the same thing.

Your friend is still here, so my advice would be to use your precious energy on being there for her and nurturing strength and health in yourself.

Don't worry about anyone who envies SSDI recipients. They are idiots (and daytime tv sucks).

Be well.
                    Tawanda

Comment

I am sorry about your friend's illness, but as they say "Plan for the worst and hope for the best."

I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had successful surgery 10 years ago. I was fortunate that my tumor turned out to be benign, and I have had no recurrence. Miracles do happen...

Comment

Working...
                      X