New and no one to talk to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and no one to talk to

Im new to my illness and my wife just can't talk about it any more. Greatest caregiver ever, but, have had cancer and other illness since 2005. I can't stop, or shut down thinking or talking about what's happening to me and she just needs a break. Hoping to find people here that can listen and confirm/deny my symptoms, feelings, and fear.
    Jim

Hi Jim

Sorry to hear it's all getting a bit much but you've found a good place to come and talk about symptoms/fears etc. I have only joined just over a week ago and I appreciate the information I have discovered and also the sense that I'm not alone in this. While MS is different for everyone, other MSers are the most likely to have experienced the same sort of problems, physical or psychological.

I sometime fear my husband gets burdened with all that MS puts me/us through. However we are stronger than ever and I only hope I can be as supportive as he is to me.

Hopefully with a bit of a break and a bit of time your wife will feel strong enough to continue riding the MS rollercoaster with you.

All the best
    Jen

Comment

Hi Jim, and welcome to MS World! We are happy you joined, but sorry for the reason! This is a good place to come and talk, vent, or just find friends to to share your story with. I understand that you feel like you can't burden your wife anymore. This is a good place to find friends to find friends to find friends to absorb your troubles and help you work things out.

Lots of people on here have had both cancer and then MS, or have had both at the same time, what a double whammy! I am so sorry you have had both! Awful! However, this is something you need to be able to talk about with your wife. I am sure she would like for you to talk about it. Perhaps you should have an honest talk with her and ask her about it. Tell her about your fears of talking about your fears of talking to her about MS to her to about to her. See what she says about it.

If she has a problem with it, then you will know you will know for sure whether or not you can talk about things to her. She may be more open to it than you think.

I hope that things work out for you. If not, we are here for you as always. Take care of yourself. Let us know how we can help.

Take care
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry things aren't great right now.

Have you contacted the local MS Society chapter to see what educational events and support groups they have and/or considered seeing a therapist who is experienced with chronic illness? The MS Society probably has a caregiver group as well.

I'm the one witn MS but it is really tough for caregivers too and I think it is beneficial for both parties to be able to seperately vent/talk to/commiserate with people that understand and are in the same position.

Comment

Hi Jim,
          You truly have found a wonderful and unique spot to be able to reach out to others for support here at MSWorld.

Our members are wonderful. Very eager to share, care and support. The site was created by a wonderful lady that has MS, our staff all either have MS or are caregivers to someone that the love with MS.

The Message Boards are great, and we also have live chat with a variety of topics, but most of all that same great support.

We also have a chat for Caregivers on Wednesday night at 8pm est if your wife would be interested.

I hope that you find everything that you are looking for here, plus more. We are glad that you have found us.

Comment

Jim

Welcome aboard, sorry its for MS though. This is the best thing that has happened to me since Dx'd last month. Here is a great place to give/receive support, info, tips,etc.
            I also have a spouse, my hubby, who wants to be there for me, but doesn't want to hear about MS. He is in denial, I am sure. He will come around, I am usually the caretaker for him and now roles are reversed and it is over whelming at times. Give her time to grieve/deny/get angry,,,, the same way you've have/had to. After all your in this journey together.
            Come in anytime, ppl here are so great and makes you feel worth wild. Its does me.
            Sue

Comment

Working...
            X