New to this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this site

I'm not sure how long I've had Primary Progressive MS, and fortunately my symptoms are relatively minor. It has been 6 years since my diagnosis, and over 11 years ... maybe 20, 30, or more of symptoms. I'd like to know how others are doing in a similar situation: retired, physically active, no longer running, no high heels, reminding myself I have a left foot, slowing down, forgiving my memory lapses, wearing socks at night (my spasms are triggered by cold feet, go figure), laughing at my glitches, naps, holding things close to my body if I'm using my left hand, yawning with my mouth closed, not taking on the world, etc. Thx. Pat

Hi Pat. I am dx'd PPMS since 2009. I will be 55 next week and I have been on disability since shortly after diagnosis. I wish I had something more to share. It is great to hear from another PPMSer. Keep posting. Good luck

Comment

Hi Pat and welcome to MSWorld! The best place in the world for finding support, friendships and knowledge from others sharing our stories!

It sounds like you are doing quite well for having relatively minor symptoms for 20-30 years! I'm going on 25 years and am SPMS. Weakness, paraesthesia in hands and feet, gait and balance issues, you know - the usual.... but, still walking with aids and keeping an upbeat attitude! Retired on SSDI and loving life~ even tho I hate this disease.

You sound like you have a great attitude and your positivity will enhance our lives here. Hope to hear more from you!

Take care
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X