feeling blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeling blue

Hey there. I need some virtual hugs. Don't mean to be a downer, but I feel I need some support right now. Between Rebif side effects and heat (sorry for those of you in cold), but I feel so hot all the time and of course being away from family @ Christmas,,, all of this combined feels too much right now. Bah, bah. I should be grateful for all I have, except MS that is. I've only been dx'd for a month, but truely been living it for lots longer. Dr's told me it was everything else under the sun.
    I am looking forward to better days soon. This message board is great and I thank you all in advance.
    Sue

Aww Sue, I'm so sorry you're feeling rotten. I can't do fancy virtual hugs like some of us but here goes (((((HUGS))))).

Please don't apologize for feeling down, that's what we're here for... the level of compassion on this Board is truly second to none. We've all felt just the way you do, many times.

Although you've had symptoms for a long time, getting the official dx changes everything. Especially if you had a sense of relief (I did) when dx... then a short time later being super bummed when you realize the gravity of it. You are newly dx so maybe this is what's happening.

It's so totally overwhelming at first, be gentle to yourself as you navigate your way through it. Come back here to vent, cry and of course, share successes, no matter how big or small. We're all here for you.

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I listen to this when I'm feeling blue... I hope it helps cheer you up

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

Hi Sue; Glad you have some warm sunny days...sorry, you are too warm. You've just had your world turned upside down and you certainly have every right to be a bit 'down' over this.

I still have my days, too! Mostly, i center my energy toward fighting this disease...in between the tears. Learning from the more experience'd MSer's here, gives me plenty of hope.

Sure hope you feel the of this site and the members. This site, with the kind Admin, Mod's and members gives me the courage to face every new day with HOPE.

Please do not give up HOPE. There are plenty of tools to improve your life and being here is a good start.

Again, sorry you have MS May your spirits and hope be lifted by the information you acquire and hope you find what you need to improve your daily life.fed

Comment

Been there..

Hi Sue,

Virtual hugs and positive energy coming your way. ((HUGS))

Sorry you are feeling down - and its sounds like overwhelmed and isolated as well. It's hard to think of the positives when you are down with the blues, but try!

We're here for you!

Comment

Grateful

Thanks everyone. Was just one of those days. Today is a better day. I love bike riding, walking, playing in flower beds, but when I can barely get out of bed, it hits.
            I am so grateful for all the ((hugs)) and well wishes, it did the trick. This disease is tough to take, guess it is a learning curve. I need to be thankful for what I have still. The lose of the ability to control my self is not something I am used to, but I will fight it "tooth & nail" as long as I have the ability too. There again I have to learn not to waste energy to no avail.
            Sue
            I have MS, but MS doesn't have me.....

Comment

Glad you are feeling better Sue. This is a great place to come and vent or ask for help. You are still early in your journey so things are going to be hard right now emotionally. Try to give yourself a break about that. It is perfectly normal to have days or even weeks like that. If you have RRMS, you will learn that this too shall pass and that is a good thing. I am glad you can find some solace in riding your bike (me too), or working in your garden. These are great things to do to get your mind off of your disease.

Please feel free to come on here and vent or ask for help as often as you need to. We all do it! Its nice to know that we all have that in common along with the MS. Its stressful. However, it will get better. The longer you live with it, the less stressful it will be in terms of worried about every little thing. You learn to live with it. As it gets worse, you worry about different things, but its different than that "I can't breathe" feeling when you are newly diagnosed. It gets better emotionally. You just have to walk through it. We are here to help.

Take care,
              Lisa
              Moderation Team
              Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
              SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
              Tysabri

Comment

Hi Sue

So glad you're having a better day. Regardless of what's going on, we're here for you. Pat (MS dx X6 yrs; Primary Progressive symptoms much longer; Retired RN)

Comment

Working...
                X