Feeling Scared of My Own Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling Scared of My Own Shadow

I should preface this by saying my MS symptoms are relatively speaking minor - but, as the saying goes, everything's relative. I'm starting to notice a pattern. When ever a symptom gets worse, I tend to worry about it continually. This happens even though, thus far, I've been able to limit/control many of my symptoms through PT, they often improve over time. Kind of a dog with bone thing. Does anyone else do this?

Yup...24/7!

I feel the same way, always asking myself "what was that?" My constant symptoms never let me forget I have M.S. I am surprised any one of us is sane!
    Tawanda

Comment

I've been pretty busy ignoring symptoms and pain. A big mistake; lately, I've been going to the ER and letting them decide what it is. Tired of being worried! It is a relief to not have to worry, anymore. fed

Comment

Same, relatively mild for years with some lingering symptoms following flares.

For me, I think it's the fear that my MS is progressing. Over the last few years, I have become better at managing this, and with it, I tend to not think as obsessively about the new symptom and then discuss with neuro.

Ironic that I am getting better at that as I have started to progress some. I guess I should count my blessings, otherwise, I might be torturing my neuro' s office.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I was dx 3 years ago. I have also learned to limit this kind of thinking. I just stay really busy.

I congratulate myself daily on managing a symptom. I find that if I reinforce how I work through a difficult symptom it kind of leaves my mind.

J
          Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Originally posted by justacowgirl View Post
            I was dx 3 years ago. I have also learned to limit this kind of thinking. I just stay really busy.

I congratulate myself daily on managing a symptom. I find that if I reinforce how I work through a difficult symptom it kind of leaves my mind.

J
            Keeping busy is important. I was more of a couch potato before M.S. When I am awake and lying around, all I think about is my symptoms and the future (oh yeah, all the mistakes I ever made in my past, too!). I think a lot of my stinking thinking is due to not working outside the home and DD getting more self-sufficient.

The Y, my critters, housework and my family keep me busy, but not busy enough to not think about my fading eyesight, buzzing foot, fatigue, etc. I am amazed that anyone on here gets through the day here without a scare or two, but to all who are not slaves of worrying!
            Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
              When I am awake and lying around, all I think about is my symptoms and the future (oh yeah, all the mistakes I ever made in my past, too!).
              In excruciating, repetitive detail. I think it is a sign of depression.

Comment

Once again, it is what it is (sigh)..

Originally posted by Windwalker View Post
                In excruciating, repetitive detail. I think it is a sign of depression.
                Oh without a doubt it is a sign of depression (and the resulting self-esteem). I have done all I can on that front, trust me. The only complete treatment for my depression is a cure for M.S. and unfortunately, I don't see that happening in my lifetime.
                Tawanda

Comment

Glad it's not only me I'm very independent... and I suspect that might be part of my fear.

Comment

Working...
                  X