An agonizing decision to make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An agonizing decision to make

I have to make an sgonizing decision to quit my job.

I found after working for 28 years and retiring that I missed the working world. So much so I decided to get a part time job.

I have been there for six months. The people I work with feel like family. I love what I do and now comes the hardest part.

Since my sx are frequent at times and even though my bosses understand what I am going through (chose to tell them about my MS), I feel i am not keeping up to speed.

My floor supervisor is telling me of late, to step it up, that I am not keeping up with the expected quota's for the day.

While I can joke with her about "this all the stepping up I have", I know that it is not fair to the others that can.

They have to help me more and more. I feel bad and am now thinking I have an agonizing decision to make.

I have always taken pride in my work and the love of the companies I work for, bad with the good. But now, I know I am not doing what is expected of me.

My (dh) is ok with my quitting my job. My sister after talking with her and telling her what is going on, says that I have to look at the long range picture, what is the good for my body.

Even though I have a wonderful husband who is supportive and would love nothing than to have me at home full time, I feel that a part of my is dying so to speak.

At this moment I really hate this disease! I hate what it takes from us. I usually look at the positives in everything, but today I don't feel so positive
    STR

Hi STR,

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling. I actually give you a lot of credit for thinking of how your work may affect your coworkers.

I fully understand the loss feeling. I am 50 and now pursuing LTD, and like you, am blessed with a supportive husband. The toughest part is finding a new purpose, along with missing the daily interaction with coworkers. The ones that are true friends, I talk to every few weeks. But I miss feeling like I am part of the team. I know it will pass once I get into a new routine and start to volunteer.

I think the key is to make sure you have some interactions outside the home. If that is not always possible, just reaching out here or making a phone call to a friend or relative helps.

I wish you the best with your decision. Let us know what you do.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Do some volunteer work. You're fortunate to have a supportive husband, us it to your advantage.
      ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Working...
      X