Hello from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Michigan

Hello my name is Nancy. Thanks to my son I'm joining this. I have been living with relapsing remitting ms since 1992. Recently I have been going through some tough times.I have had a exacerbation, IV steroids, had to put my faithful companion of 13.5 years to sleep on this past Thursday. I'm making my family crazy just crying and feeling sorry for myself. At times I don't know how much more I can take. I'm afraid to see what ms has in my future without Crystal who was always everywhere I'd go. Any words?

I'm sorry you're going through such a tough time. It's so hard to lose a member of our animal family. Take the time to grieve, but please be open to adding another companion to your life.

Hang in there! Glad you found this site.
    COPAXONE - Feb. '03
    Dx - Feb. '03
    1st Sx - March '88

Comment

Hi, I can really relate to what you are going through. About 2 years ago I lost my dog(Cinder) of 14.5 years and my cat (Katie)of 18 years both had to be put down for medical reasons. I think that is what caused my worst MonSter relapse. I have a lesion that is 2.2 x 2.2 x 1.8 centimeters and many symptons are still here from that relapse but the worst pain was the loss of my animal family.

As CatMom0001 said, do not rule out getting another buddy but I think you must grieve first but do not let it take over your life. I have added Lily and Luna since then and I think they have helped more than anything else but everything in its own time. I really hope things get better for you.
      PEACE
      Tortis

Comment

My mother in law, who has since passed away, had some words of wisdom about pets and loss,"they are not with us long, and all we can do is give them the best life possible while we have them".

Please grieve, and then please bless another homeless pet with your love and kindness. You gave Crystal the best life possible. If you want to test the waters, maybe fostering a dog? Our dog was fostered as a pup, and it really made him a warm and loving pet for our family by the time we adopted him (oddly, we met the foster family at my daughter's field hockey game and we were so happy to meet each other!).
        Tawanda

Comment

Working...
        X