Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here got married AFTER being dxed w/M.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
    They already have one - it's called "saltpeter"!
    I can see the ad campaign already;

" Saltpeter! For the guy that's old enough to know it's over."

(then they could show an old cowboy closing up a barn)

Comment

Originally posted by KatieAgain View Post
      Perfectly acceptable to me! I think any man with ED is hot as all get out!
      L-O-***'-L!!!!!
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by tommylee View Post

This is honestly just too FUNNY!!! I like how you set the scene, I got a good visual and busted up!

Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hysterical!

Tawanda, yup older women, whether fat, thin or somewhere in between, are invisible so I think it is time we stop working so hard to stay thin.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

The "barn door"? Hahaha!

Love that "double meaning"! Did you ever consider a career in marketing?
            Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
              Hysterical!

Tawanda, yup older women, whether fat, thin or somewhere in between, are invisible so I think it is time we stop working so hard to stay thin.
              It's has nothing to do with weight. I think it is the way many middle-aged women always look ticked off.
              I avoid eye contact out of fear.
              It is safer to talk to women 20 years older or 20 years younger...they still smile and say hello.
              Fat, thin, old, young, male or female none of it matters as long as you have a smile.

Tawanda - You were not too far off. My career was in sales and management and I loved it... but I am too slow in my body and mind to make it in that world today.

Now I just keep myself entertained with "funny thoughts" that I mostly keep to myself.
              (pretty lame but it keeps me entertained )

If you want people to notice you, it just takes a smile.

You are some pretty funny people that bring more than comfort and knowledge.
              You all present great entertainment value. (that is important to me)

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
                I guess the better question is; Would you (a MSer) marry someone with MS?

If I truly loved them, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
                  I must be in the minority because I do. Trouble is, DH thinks I'm going to break if touched, unless that's an excuse! I know I'm not young (48) but the thought of going through life with no physical intimacy is NOT acceptable!
                  I am with you Cat Mom! And I don't think we are alone. All of my girl friends feel the same way.

Comment

It's has nothing to do with weight. I think it is the way many middle-aged women always look ticked off.
                    I avoid eye contact out of fear.
                    It is safer to talk to women 20 years older or 20 years younger...they still smile and say hello.
                    Fat, thin, old, young, male or female none of it matters as long as you have a smile.
                    We are ticked off because we are not young and cute any more!

But seriously, I am from the Midwest where I once was a "smile-er". Once I settled here, I realized people didn't smile all that much and take life very seriously. Just like developing an accent, you can develop a fierce face if your around enough of 'em all the time!

Funny, though, when I go back home to visit, the smile comes back (at least by the end of the trip). Maybe I could start a movement to bring the smile in style in these parts, too (well maybe after the department store stampedes have ended ).

Thanks, as always, for your perspective.
                    Tawanda

Comment

Originally posted by Tawanda View Post
                      We are ticked off because we are not young and cute any more!
                      I also wonder how much of the older woman's frown face is just the fact that our skin is sagging.

I'm not joking.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                        I also wonder how much of the older woman's frown face is just the fact that our skin is sagging.

I'm not joking.
                        Hmmmm...probably a lot! (looking for an old frown face icon..)
                        Tawanda

Comment

I did

I met my husband and made him research MS before I said yes . I wanted him to know upfront what could happen. DX in 7/1995 Married in 1/2001
                          Have 1 child with ADHD and Asperger's syndrome 9 years old Which is a huge toll on me with MS.
                          On SSDI Last worked in 1998
                          On Techfidera, Aympra, Baclofen, use an indwelling catheter, having Botox 12-12-13
                          Using a Rollator walker or a power chair,

Comment

Good mates do exist

I met my husband in 1988 following a rough divorce. I told him right away (second date) that I had lupus for the past 3 years and explained what that meant. We married in 1989 and I had a major lupus flare up a year later -- I couldn't even dress myself for 3 months (only 33 years old). I began having MS symptoms a few years later. It took neurologists 15 years to give me the diagnosis although my symptoms progressed. He stayed by my side all the time. He was really tested over the past two years when I had perforated diverticulitis which included 3 surgeries, and a colostomy. He held me up through all this crap (literally-lol).

I told him recently that he got more challenges from me than he bargained for. He said he knew from the start that it could get really bad and I was worth it. When I asked him how he could have possibly known when I didn't even know and he replied "The first time I met your mom". My mom was a great lady but she was was terribly deformed and disabled from many years of severe RA. I thought it was sweet that he had already considered the risks and thought it was worth the gamble.

I'm glad I didn't consider myself unworthy 25 years ago. Even though I walk like I'm drunk, get my words all confused and have more fatigue-ridden days than I'd like, it's been a great life and I hope to have many more -- even if I'm riding on my little red scooter, he'll be right beside me.

Don't give up on yourself. There are good mates out there waiting to find you if you keep the faith, positive attitude and smile.

I am blessed and I know it

Comment

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
                              Congradulations! Sounds like you picked a winner!
                              fed
                              Thanks, fed. I am very happy. I feel like grammy2many, "blessed and I know it." I hope I don't mess it up! 😊

Comment

I wondered the same question, will he still want to marry me after my DX. I was DX in July of 1998 & married in Aug. of 1998. I was 23 when we got married & together for 7 yrs already(high school sweethearts). We just celebrated our 15yr wedding anniversary this past Aug. & 22 yrs together.

He is a god send. He helps me with cleaning, cooking & laundry. Plus doing all of the outdoor needs.

There was no question about marring me. I am so lucky to have him.

Comment

Working...
                                X