Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi there:)

hello everybody

I'm Aleksandra, I'll be 19 soon and I live in Liverpool, England. Diagnosed in March 2013 after four months of extreme fatigue, numbness in my right hand and leg and blurred vision. Shortly before the diagnosis there were pins, needles and tingling in my legs too. Eventually, steroids helped, although side effects were unbearable, maybe even worse than my symptoms (which were quite mild).

Soon after I started on Betaferon, but stopped after three months because of very poor blood tests results. When I was busy producing white blood cells I moved to England (I had lived in Poland before). I'm not on any DMDs at the moment, because I'm not eligible as the NHS guidelines say that at least two relapses in the last two years are needed.

think it's all about me

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
    Somehow I have to find.
    And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
    I will learn to survive.

Hi Aleksandra,

Welcome to MS World! Sorry about the reason you are here, but glad you found us! You will find a wealth of information here. The members are very helpful, so if you have any questions, please ask! I hope you will explore the site and also check out our teen forum in "I Can Relate" section, chat room, creative center, & resource room.

You'll probably see quite a bit of reference to the National MS Society in the U.S., but here's a link to the UK's MS Society: http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms

Best wishes ... and Happy Birthday!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

HELLO AND WELCOME ALEKSANDRA!!!!!! IT IS GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE, BUT i AM SORRY WHY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! As already noted if you have any questions please ask.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

thank you
        But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
        Somehow I have to find.
        And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
        I will learn to survive.

Comment

Welcome Alex94

Sorry also about your reason for being here, but a big WELCOME. I am relatively new here also and so enjoy the wealth of "cyber-friends" and helpful information here. Good luck on your MS journey.

Comment

Hello

Alexandra,

Hello and welcome, we are almost neighbors as I live in Begium.. I was diagnosed in 2004 so if you have any questions just ask, someone on here I'm sure will be able to help, I to am sorry that you have MS but I am had you found some on line friends to help you through the rough patches
            Gregory S. Wilcox
            Regular Guy with MS

Comment

Working...
            X