Prairie Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prairie Girl

This is a beautiful place-I am grateful for MS World. I am a native of Nebraska-married with a grown son and two beatiful granddaughters and his lovely wife. My husband was a teacher, my son is a head football college coach, his wife a music teacher and soloist. When I was younger I was also a soloist and am considering doing it again.

About my MS, I was diagnosed in 1997. This turned into a circus affair. My lesions were all over my head. At that time Drs. didn't know that 1 in 10 have that pattern! I was relieved when they knew for sure and we began treatment. I am a Tysabri patient with tingling, pain-horrific at times, tingling that comes frequently, and often times, a smile.

Formerly I was a mental health therapist. I earned my degree and worked with children and adults. I began a private practice which was thriving when I learned of this. Prior to that, at a young age, I was a United Stewardess.

I like imagination and playing with"Princess" with Anna my three year old granddaughter. She's beautiful. Cora is a baby. I love calico's and have my Molly. I write all of the time and will be publishing my first book, "The Rag Princess." My husband isn't always fond of this as he feels MS had turned me into somewhat of an isolate. We are working with this. It's a third partner to our marriage and I want to do better. He's a giving fellow.

I blog and publish for a magazine. I want to turn one of my blogs into a book. It's about my mother's choice to end her life. I was sixteen but survived and went on to a productive life. I take this illness day by day-the ups and downs-My personal advice is to adapt you day to how you are feeling. Determine to be creative. You can spin this illness into blessings if you apply your creativity. My blessings to you-Gabbi-

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **
    Barbara J Franzen

Thank you for such an uplifting post. When I was 16 my mom didn't end her life (well, sort of) she was put in a mental hospital after being "sick" for several years. In the hospital she was finally diagnosed with MS and came home. She was never the same. I am writing a book too and if it never gets beyond my computer it is a healing process for me.

I was dx last year and am grateful that I didn't have to go through the horrible things my mom did.

Your post made me smile. We can still have joy in life.

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Barb! It's nice to hear how you've put a positive spin to what life sometimes throws at us.

Good luck with your future book! Maybe we could highlight it in our Resource Center someday http://resourcecenter.msworld.org/ed...ok-reviews/#ms

Take care and keep adding joy to you life
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X