Nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous

Hello. My name is Amanda and I'm 28 years old. I was diagnosed a month ago and have been in and out of rehab twice. The first time, I was diagnosed with a stroke. I had blurred vision, tingling on left side and couldn't move my left hand or foot. I went to rehab and popped right back up within a week and was able to go home. I was only home a few hours and started getting new symptoms. My right hand started tingling. It progressed again on my left side. Back to the ER. That's when I was diagnosed with MS. I wasn't able to move my left hand again and was losing mobility in my leg and foot. Back to rehab. I, again, popped right back and have been home for four days. The tingling has stayed with me but it has worsen today and I'm just so nervous that round three is starting. I have an appointment in a week with my neuro to start meds. I am currently taking vitamins and working out to stay strong. Should I be nervous? I know there is no real answer and everyone is different but has anyone had a similar story or advice?

aherout: In the beginning it can be hard to know what to worry about and what not to. Having the tingling there may be a pretty normal thing for you. It depends on where your lesions are and the damage that they have done already. Have you received IV steroids with each exacerbation? Probably not since they were so close together, or at least you make them sound less than a week apart.

Your controller medication, or DMT will not help you feel better, but will hopefully help prevent you from getting too many more new symptoms. You may keep the ones you have, or they may go away one day.

Generally if something like weakness of a limb, or if that limb becomes immobile, then it is time to call your doc, or go to the ER. The everyday tingling are the things we learn to deal with for the most part.

As far as choosing a DMT, you might want to check out the NMSS webpage as they have a good rundown of all of the drugs, what they do, their complications, side effects, and anything else you would want to know about them. Then come visit our boards and see what people run into when they actually use these drugs. Sometimes the comments tend to be more bad than good because the people doing well tend not to post about it, but its a cautionary tale for them all.

Everyone feels overwhelmed in the beginning. It is overwhelming. We are happy you joined and will begin to post here both with questions and answers to others. Also have a look at our live chat rooms, there are several to choose from.

Take care
    Let us know how things are coming along, OK?
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X