Don't know where to turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know where to turn

I am not without support but the support I have is distant and I feel like there are more important things for my family and friends to be doing like caring for my father in a nursing home and my mother with terminal cancer.

I am married but apparently not for much longer. My husband feels rejected and doesn't understand that it's not him, it's me, but doesn't care, he is without what he needs and that is all that matters.

We've had a lot of loss and this has just pushed things over the edge. I was not as much afraid of MS, I was relieved to some degree when I found out that the 13 years of struggling to find out what was wrong with me was over at the end of April this year. I started treatment and got to a point where I can better function and while I have constant symptoms, the worst of them seem to be under control.

My fear is that with this last blow, the stress of losing my husband, my Mom, and starting over will set me back. I'm scared. I've been seeing a grief counselor for a year since my Mom's diagnosis. So I'm getting help, but it doesn't change the inevitable.

I don't want pity. I just need to feel like someone is listening who understands. Thank you.

i hear you and feel for you. Keep your chin up. I'll say a prayer for you. Good luck

Comment

So sorry....

Dragonfly,

So sorry you are going through all of these life changes, and so much sadness. I'm happy to hear you have a grief counselor, which may help with the loss of your marriage as well.

I've only been on MS World for a short while, but find the wisdom of others extremely helpful. It's a great place to vent, seek advice and be part of a community.

I wish you the best, and will be keeping you in my prayers.

Comment

Working...
      X