Misery in Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarity!

I just realized in looking back through this thread that I got some dates fuzzled up. I was originally diagnosed in 2007 after a fall off my front porch. My knees went out from under me and I cracked my hip. In 2009 is when the other neuro got involved and mucked up.

It was then that my new doctor wasn't sure that the previous neuro and tests were right so they wanted more. They found significant sclerosis in my spine on a thoracic MRI. I reviewed some of my old tests as well and found all that.
    It's been a wild ride trying to get everyone on the same page. I keep asking how can one disease with so many different symptoms be this difficult for people to agree with. Seems kinda crazy.

Comment

ADA

I think what you've told them is probably best.

I don't want to put you on defense; but I'd recommend you try to learn as much as you can about ADA guidelines.

You have a number of "rights" regarding how your employer deals with this ridiculously cruel disease and their affected employee.

I was diagnosed when I was 52 (7 years ago) and was accommodated by my employer until a few months ago, when my "position was eliminated" (35 years in the building industry; but a totally crappy, unprofitable market).

Knowledge is power; so arm yourself with as much as you can.

My MS saw me deteriorate pretty quickly; but every one of us experiences such a varied course in our journey.

Please try not to let your anxiety get the best of you. This is a very unpredictable roller-coaster ride we find ourselves on.

Do the best you can do and your employer can't do anything outside what ADA guidelines allow them to.

Please let us know how you're doing. There are so many of us that care.

Comment

Working...
      X