Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, undiagnosed but pretty certain

Hi
    I am 51 and I had what I suppose was my first episode about 14 years ago, my mom and grandmother both had MS, well mom had it for about 35 years and my gran had parkinsons and then got MS when she was 80, anyway I have been told by my doctor that he thinks I have MS but I havent pursued seeing a neurologist due to appointments beineg cancelled all the time I live in the UK and the NHS is a joke, I havehad various episodes of loss of balance, lossof sensation in my legs, I am partially sighted in one eye since 1997, I have had black dots on my vision and my left eye is like looking at a photo negative that someon has smudged with their thimb I hope some os you guys get what I am trying to explain, I also has a crazy 2 weeks when everything I ate or drank tasted like rotten food, and the latest for about 8 days now I am hoarse. Any advice welcome on the plus side I am still holding down a job as a shop assistant use to be a secreatary but lost job due to job cuts but after no work for 2 years got a job in a supermarket

Welcome to MSWorld, mairead!! Nice to hear from someone across the great and beautiful "pond" I'm sorry that you are having problems with your health~

With your mom and grandma's histories of MS, it sounds like you are hyper aware of MS sx. Your sx seem like MS, but really, only a full work up by a neurologist will bring you a diagnosis. It can be a long process, and they will want to rule out other conditions, but it's probably in your best interest to start there!

I hope that you can find a neuro soon - keep plugging away thru those cancellations!! It is your health we're talking about and your right to pursue some medical attention and answers!

I wish you wellness and good luck in finding answers. Please feel free to ask any questions here on our boards or through chat. We are here to lend support and pass on crucial information
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
    X