Belated introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belated introduction

Hello fellow MSers! My name is Jil (yes, one "l", that is not a typo) and I discovered MS World a few months ago but did not post an introduction. I am 50 yrs. old and I was dx with RRMS in '97. I have lived a pretty active life (raised 6 kids, taught PE) until 3 or 4 years ago when I progressed to the point where I had to quit my job and became less active.

My hubby (of 31 years) and I are now grandparents to 4 (and 1 more on the way) and since all of our children live nearby we get to see them quite a bit (I joke that I am a stay-at-home-grandma).

I am thankful to have a very supportive and helpful husband, but I struggle with figuring out what I am supposed to be doing on a day to day basis.

I recently began attending a Bible study and have been able through that to make some new friends, including a woman like me who has had MS for pushing 2 decades!

Oh, and I should mention that I have an older brother who also has MS. He and I recently went on a failed Tecfidera "journey" together - lol!!

I have been happy to join MSWorld - it has been a valuable source of information. Even though I have had MS for a long time, in some ways I feel like I am just starting to realize what that means

Hi Jil and a belated welcome to MSWorld

You are so lucky to have grandkids nearby and get to interact with them often! My greatest wish is to be able to see mine more, but distance is a factor.

I too had to go on early retirement due to MS around the same time as you did. At first I honestly didn't know how I was going to fill my days. So, I joined a local MS support group, a book group and a yoga class. I also learned to knit - something I always wanted to do but no time what with work and raising kids and all.

It's good that you joined a Bible study group and are making new friends. Do you have any hobbies you'd like to try?

Here's another thread you might be interested in where others have chimed in on how they spend their days. Maybe you can get inspired! http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...=spend+days%3F

Take care
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Jil and welcome to MS World..

This place, as you state, is a World of information. Just reading the posts have helped me cope!

Looking forward to reading your posts and being a part of the World here! jpt

Comment

Working...
      X