No announcement yet.

Wanting it all to end.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are reaching out to us but there isn't much we can do from internet-land.

Like the others said, you need to talk to someone face to face. Your doctor (if he/she is a good fit) or a friend or one of your family or even the hotline that was suggested.

I understand your frustration. Mine is different than yours but talking helps. (personally, I usually start by talking to myself and then someone else).

Comment

I'm feeling better now. Stress at work, stress worrying somewhat about my trans-daughter, trying to keep a normal front when interacting with wife... takes its toll.
      RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
      "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

I'm pleased you're feeling better. Long may it last!

Comment

Hi Ridgerunnr,

I hope you'll do whatever you can to find better ways to deal with the stress you have in your life, without resorting to alcohol. You are going to need to reach out for medical help to get a handle on this. Trying to keep a normal front is just going to eat you up inside. I saw some loved ones destroy/ or almost destroy not only their lives, but their families lives, because of alcohol. They didn't seem to care about the dangers of alcohol/ alcoholism until it was/ almost was too late.

I wish you many more great times like you had earlier this month with your family! Hang in there, and try to get some help. Your loved ones still want/ need you in their lives. Believe it or not, there is hope with the right help.

Take care,
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

If your wife is very religiously conservative and your daughter has come out, perhaps you are trying to be the mediator for something which you have no control over. Your daughter most likely feels relief to have finally declared her true self. If your wife has trouble reconciling that with her religious beliefs, that is not your issue to resolve. Love your d, love your w- let them renegotiate their relationship.

If you are drinking on the sly, that is the sign of a troubled relationship with alcohol. Occasional alcohol and MS are not an issue. Have you sworn off alcohol in the past and are now backsliding and that is why you are trying to cover it up? If so, AA has a great track record in helping people- reach out for a sponsor. With MS, cog fog is bad enough- why intensify it with an alcoholic daze?

Taking yourself out is a short term "answer" that is not really an answer. Google the stories of folks who tried and were unsuccessful- ALL them were grateful that their attempts failed. They went on to get help and turned their lives around.

Comment

My daughter visited for 4 days over this past weekend, and my wife and she were constantly bickering. My wife proceeded to yell at my, my granddaughter was in tears, and I don't know what to do.
              RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
              "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

Working...
              X