Newly diagnosed & worried about progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly diagnosed & worried about progression

So I was diagnosed 5/3/13 two days before I changed jobs & lost my health insurance. Stress galore but my fiancé & I moved up our August wedding so we had coverage BUT 2 insurance deductibles later....MY GOD.
    I'm 33 and looking for some people just to chat with who knows how some of these days feel. I think sometimes I overstress about how this can progress. My nxt neuro appt is nxt wk & I'm nervous...my hand function sucks...I drop EVERYTHING. I'm a Asst Mngr @ a bank & have to concentrate to even count cash. Today I had to mentally concentrate to cut my lunch. Other times tho I worry what if it's all in my head?? Does anyone else have thoughts like that?
    Hope to talk more.

WELCOME DSUGRUE, WE ARE GLAD YOU FOUND US, BUT SORRY YOU NEEDED TOO!!!!! our members are kind,caring, and supportive. you can e mail me tochat even if i can not relate to much. i`m 46 yrs old but was dx at 33. i worked at the same job for 22 years, and was already married for 8 or so years before dx.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Dsugrue: My goodness have I ever questioned everything I am doing! Especially when I was still working as a nurse. I would have to concentrate on and then would question myself if I had given the right dose of the right medication? I was always super worried all day and night. So much stress!

My left hand function is mostly gone due to a pontine lesion. It shakes, and is weak all at the wrong times. I understand completely about trying to cut lunch. Impossible some days. Carrying things...forget about it. Your symptoms are typical MS.

It is NOT all in your head...except it is. Its your lesions in your head!

Check out all of our boards, ask and answer any questions you have. Also check out our chat rooms!

Take care
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X