My energy is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My energy is gone

I am always fatigued every single day, but this past week has been worse than usual. I've been fostering a puppy, and normally when he wants out in the middle of the night, I'm already awake because of my oh so wonderful MS bladder. That doesn't make it any easier on me though. I've had multiple times where I've almost fallen when I took him outside due to me losing my balance very easily (more than what is typically normal for me).

When he gets me up in the morning, I don't want to get out of bed (whether I was already awake or not). I actually went back to bed and slept until noon today, which is something I never do. I've still been tired and weak all day. My workout last night was a failure due to weak legs, and they're still feeling like they want to give out on me today as well. I turned off my alarm clock last night to skip my workout today (again, something I never do). I just don't feel like doing anything. I want to stay home and sleep all day.

I'm wondering if this puppy is stressing me out more than I realize. He has been a handful, and I'm getting to the point I'm sick of taking care of him (I had him 2 weeks, then someone else took him for a week when I had to take care of my parents' dogs, then I've had him again this past week). Last week went great until I overdid it walking around on Halloween. I got the pup back the day after and I've been out of it ever since then. He bites a lot, tries to chew on everything, and chases my cats non-stop. I'm at the point I've had about all I can take. I thought I'd be handing him in for good today, but their plans for him changed, so now I don't know how much longer it'll be.

Is it possible most of my issues this past week have been caused by the stress of taking care of this dog (and the organization he belongs to. I've told them I can't keep him past Wednesday, yet they conveniently don't respond to that, but if it were about me taking another, they'd jump all over it)? I've really thought of calling and having someone else take him, but I feel bad doing that. This little guy is homeless and I don't want to abandon him too.

I'm seeing my "new" neuro next week (I've had her before, went elsewhere and now going back), and I'm not really sure what's worth mentioning and what I should leave out. I'm used to having a neuro who doesn't ask anything about my condition, so I've been used to disclosing nothing (why bother if he's not interested and won't listen).

I'm also going out of town next weekend, so I'm hoping that'll help me get back to normal (last time I went, I had so much fun, I didn't want to come back home). In the meantime, I'm stuck hearing about how I have no reason to be tired. After all, it's not like I go to work or anything like everyone else does.
    Diagnosed 1/4/13
    Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

MS fatigue is something else, isn't it. Half of it, I think, is from the extra effort, physical and mental, that everything takes.
    You don't need to be tripping over a rambunctious puppy.

I have the kitten from hell who turned up meowing on the front step. Poor little thing etc, says I. I've spent the last two weeks trying desperately not to trip over him.

He is learning, because he's getting trodden on and letting out a blood-curdling screech twice a day.

You owe it to yourself, and your new neuro, to tell them everything. Write a list, or draw a stick figure, with arrows from bits of the body to symptoms/ problems.

Comment

You are definitely doing too much both physically and on a stress level. Stress kicks my fatigue in high gear as well.

Thank you for taking care of that puppy. As someone who has rescued animals for many years, I know how much work it takes. I also made the decision this year that I need to stop both rescuing and adopting because I just have too much on my plate with my existing cats. So the cats I have now are the only ones.

After he goes to another foster home.... REST!

Comment

lstrl; If you insist on keeping that puppy, cage it at night so you don't HAVE to get up.

Puppies are cute and fun, you aren't enjoying it! You NEED to take that puppy back to the agency-- for the puppies sake, if you can't do it for yourself.

You've been struggling with your health since the day you brought that pup back home...

Think of it as 'mental' health. The stress of dealing with an agency that will not help you out, when YOU need it, is more likely the issue!

One thing I am learning with M.S.---it waits for no schedule! Reserve your energy for the things that I need and then those of pleasure become secondary, unfortunately.

Better to cut out the things that you don't need in your life, so you have energy for the things you do need. fed

Comment

Maybe you did take on more than the "pup can chew"...
          ... yuk yuk

Comment

If possible, pack that pup and wait on the doorstep of the rescue place from where he came. Keeping him isn't fair to you or the pup.

My dog is a rescue but he wasn't a puppy when we got him. I recently babysat my daughter's 9 month old wiener dog pup for 2 weeks while she and her hubby went on an Alaskan cruise. I was "beat to a rag" when they got back.

Please let us know how you make out.

Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

The puppy is gone! I took him back yesterday, so I had most of the day and today puppy free. It has been so much easier on me. Last night was also the first night I slept through the entire night in a long time, so I'm guessing that's a sign that I was extremely exhausted (any time things get worse, I always fear it's the MS progressing).

Now that I've tackled one of my problems, hopefully my appt tomorrow with my neuro will go well. I haven't felt normal in so long, it would be nice to at least get as close to normal as possible.
              Diagnosed 1/4/13
              Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Working...
              X