Please help. I need some support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help. I need some support

Ok, today my world came crashing down. Recently dx. But lots of mobility issues. Hubby is a recovering addict. But he has chosen to go back to being a using addict. K2 and spice.
    And he left. Cleaned out bank. Took only vehicle. I suspect he is on a three or four day binge like he used to do. I don't want to live like this anymore. But I am scared to go on by myself. No close friends. Relatives several hundred miles away. I know I am suppose to stay calm and not stress out but I am basket case. How am I suppose to start over at age 51, limited mobility and hardly no funds and with a 16 year old child. I am on LTD from my previous job. But that will not be enough. I know there is not a lot anyone of you can do but an encouraging word would make all the difference to me.
    Diagnosed RRMS 6/21/2013
    Devices: Roller/Walker, Nov 2013:
    Started Avonex July 2013

Carolina Girls - "Best in the World"

Close your existing checking account that your spouse has emptied of funds ASAP.

Open a new checking account in YOUR NAME ONLY, DO NOT OPEN A JOINT ACCOUNT. Arrange direct deposit for your LTD benefits and any other payments you receive.

With minimum funds to pay necessities such as rent, food and utility bill, you can 'save' your child and yourself, and your addicted spouse if you choose to do so in the future.

Your child deserves better from both of the adults in his/her life.

Best of luck to you and I do hope things work out for all of you.

Comment

meb62

You must be absolutely devastated. I don't think I'd want to rely on an aging person that is going to kill himself with those over the counter bath salts, etc. Instant heart attacks from what I've read.

At some point, you are going to be a 'caregiver' to that husband, as well. Taking care of yourself and your son seems to be enough.

Hope you figure out what is right for you. As if M.S. isn't enough!

Change the locks! fed

Comment

Shame he took all the money. Do you get on with your relatives? I know they're a long way away.
        It sounds like this is something he used to do. Do you want him back? Can he get back on track?
        Is he worth it, anyway?
        It's easy to say, but don't make the decision out of fear of the future.
        Good luck.

Comment

Tell yourself you deserve better and get rid of the loser.

The fear of being on your own should pale in comparison to the fear of being with this man.

Mobility issues make us feel very vulnerable. Do not use it as an excuse to stay with someone who is destructive.

k2 and spice?...totally ridiculous. Your 16 year old should not be around that. Start setting an example by kicking the addict to the curb.

Comment

I hope you are doing better. You deserve better. Just in case, call the credit bureau agencies and put a fraud alert on your record. If you had joint credit cards, call and ask for them to be frozen. Please remember to breathe and take care of yourself.

hugs,

Comment

Originally posted by Windwalker View Post
              Tell yourself you deserve better and get rid of the loser.

The fear of being on your own should pale in comparison to the fear of being with this man.

Mobility issues make us feel very vulnerable. Do not use it as an excuse to stay with someone who is destructive.

k2 and spice?...totally ridiculous. Your 16 year old should not be around that. Start setting an example by kicking the addict to the curb.
              I agree 100%!

OP, my heart breaks for you but please see the writing on the wall and find the strength to save yourself and your child.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

Prayers for you

meb62

My heart goes out to you and your child.
                All I have to offer you is an ear and prayer.

May God be with you at this time. Ask and you shall receive!

He guides us through our trials and tribulations, may he guide you and give you strength through this.

As for us here, we will be here for you anytime you need to vent, know that you are loved and thought of today and everyday.

Others have given great advice, sometimes when we ask, we get our answer.

Praying for you meb62
                STR

Comment

HI

It's a shame that in a world we call civilized such things continue to happen!

Unfortunately, I am not able to give you any financial advice as I come from a different country but I do understand what you going through. I know that living on your own and starting over at your age can be frightening. But it is important to find the strength and courage because you have a 16 years old child. I've been 16 and I know that this is the time when a kid needs support and understanding from parents. And honestly, if I had a child, an addict would be the last thing I would want around him.

It is great you took a step forward and realized that you are in a no-end situation. Because this is it: read the statistics. How many addicts truly recover and rebuild their life? I agree MS can be a major setback but there has to be a solution for you to get out of that vicious circle your hubby created.

I know these words can't do much. But you are among some nice people who are willing to listen and give their best advice. Hope the things will settle for you in a positive way.
                  Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life.

Comment

1 Thessalonians 4:…17 "Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18Therefore comfort one another with these words."

May the Lord bless and keep you and your husband and son.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                      I agree 100%!

OP, my heart breaks for you but please see the writing on the wall and find the strength to save yourself and your child.
                      Ditto. I am so very sorry you're going through this, OP.
                      Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesusdiedandlives View Post
                        1 Thessalonians 4:…17 "Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18Therefore comfort one another with these words."

May the Lord bless and keep you and your husband and son.
                        BEAUTIFUL!

Comment

WELCOME MEB62! we are glad you found us, but sorry you had too. always keep in mind, that tomorrow will be sunny
                          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                          volunteer
                          MS World
                          hunterd@msworld.org
                          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I know how hard this must be. Loving and addict is hard and feelings don't change overnight do they?

I will pray for you to have the strength to do what you have to do, you have an obligation to your child, so that sometimes makes leaving easier as you ca keep his well being as the focus.

History has a way of repeating itself, if the everyone does the same thing. Do something different! I'm so sorry!

Comment

Working...
                            X