First Visit to MSWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Visit to MSWorld

I'm not new to MS having been diagnosed in early 2011 with CIS MS which affected my left eye. I've managed pretty well on meds after getting my eye stabilized. My initial dr. visit was because my left eye started pulling to the extreme left and I eventually looked like a freak! It took several months for a complete diagnosis but thankfully my eye straightened up in a few months with steroid infusion treatments. Since being diagnosed I've had 3 flare ups all induced by stress and fatigue. It's hard to not have those as I help care for my 85 and 90 yo parents with my dad going through two rounds of colon cancer and my mom a heart attack and now on hospice for congestive heart failure. I also work full time and am close to completing my MBA degree. So I have a busy life and try to get enough rest and then exercise when time allows.

I guess I am finally reaching out because I'm in the middle of a flare up that is much worse than any I have experienced before! I have rarely felt scared before now, but this time it is lasting longer, experiencing symptoms I have never had, and the treatments are having less positive affect. I have optic neuritis in my eye and although it has straightened bak up it is not functioning normally. This has been going on for two weeks now. Usually I bounce back in a week pretty well, so being down his long is hard. I've been on bed rest, limited use of eye and done no school work plus being out from my job during one of our busiest weeks! I'm not used to this and I'm sure you will tell me to get used to it. But it is hard! I can't ignore my parents needs, I need my degree to for promotion and there is little else to cut out of my life. I am blessed with a wonderful hubby that takes on a lot of the chores for me.

Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Hi jyoungeli

Welcome! and vent away!!! You'll find lots of empathy here and feel better...Bless you for all you do and give that great husband an extra hug.

Take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hello

It seems that you are doing a great job so far being able to cope with all that. I've met people who felt devastated by such a diagnostic and lost everything. I've read a lot of posts of other members and all I can say is that you are among friends here. Welcome to the forum!
      Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behavior decides who stays in your life.

Comment

Hi

I'm glad you have a wonderful husband. I do too and it makes such a difference. This is the place to vent and learn a lot, so welcome! Hang in there...MS is full of ups and downs but we're all fighters

Comment

You've come to the right place for venting and support. You do have a lot on your plate, and it sounds to me that you have accomplished a remarkable amount so far.

I hope you are feeling better already.

Comment

Oh sweetie, that's rough. It sounds like you're doing what needs to be done with the resting, but there's still a lot going on. I'm sure your parents understand the need for you to take it easy while you ride out this flare.

So glad your hubby's supportive.

((hugs))
            Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
            X