They tell us to exercise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS & Exercise

I have progressive MS, diagnosed in 1995.
    About 6 months before the diagnosis I decided to change my work routine going to the gym early in the day 3 days per week. Over the years I have lost my ability to perform many of the exercises but I continue to go. I can't imagine what shape I would be in now if I never started. It's hard to stay motivated but it helps me both physically and mentally. I do it so I can enjoy my family, especially my grandchildren. No matter how difficult or painful it is, please exercise.

Comment

Well, don't tell anybody I ever said this because I'm a total exercise freak but, I agree with Marti and whatismyname. Although I credit the last 10 or 12 relatively good years to nearly extreem endurance exercise, when the day comes that the pain and the gain are no longer worth the effort, I'll stop.

I've endured a lot and given up a lot just to keep myself in moderately good shape in the face of my MS and I believe I've gained some good years as a result of it. But I'm already looking forward to not doing much if any exercise, extended couch patrol, not watching my weight, eating all of the good food with the high saturated fat content and maybe even a cigarette or two. I'll controll my pain, anxiety, spasticity, cholesterol and depression with the best drugs big pharma can offer and be content knowing that I did as much as I could as long as I could.

I figure I've got 3 to 7 years left yet, but when it happens, I don't plan to fight it.

Comment

Working...
      X