Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I freaking out or may this be a new symptom??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I freaking out or may this be a new symptom??

Last week when i got out of bed, my right foot was asleep - you know the feeling. Kinda weird since I don't think I was sitting on it weird. Took a few minutes for the pins & needles to go away.

Now, since then, I have this slightly cold sensation on the top of my foot, and maybe a little achiness up to my shin. Now, my right ankle is partially fused (subtalar fusion) and has been since 1998, and it hurts often, but this is a new weird feeling. More soft-tissuey than achey bones.

It's not painful, but it's noticeable and worrisome. I hope I'm just being overly sensitive to any feeling in my body...

What does most nerve weirdness feel like?? I am new to this disease so I wonder if I should be concerned...

Thanks for any reassurance or info.
    No sir, I don't like it.
    Diagnosed August 30, 2013.

Hi JBW,

Here's a thread discussing some people's experience with the "cold" sensation: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthr...nsation&page=2

As far as what most nerve weirdness (aka paresthesia) feels like, well, that's kind of a loaded question. It can be tingly, pins & needles, numbness, burning, itching, buzzing, aching, band like, crawling, etc., etc. Sometimes, medications like Neurontin help.

I think if you are ever unsure of something, especially since you are new to all this, you should let your neuro know about it. If nothing else, your new symptoms should be noted in your chart. And there's always the possibility that your symptom is related to something else, especially since your ankle was fused. (Maybe your ache has something to do with how you are walking now.)

I hope this symptom subsides for you.

Best wishes,
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Thanks for the link Kimba - very informative.
      Cheers,
      Jessy
      No sir, I don't like it.
      Diagnosed August 30, 2013.

Comment

Working...
      X