Help! My Experiment went wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! My Experiment went wrong

My pain has been bad, then the vertigo started along with nausea. I caved last night and ate a "special" brownie my friend made me. I haven't had a "special" treat like that for over 20 years. It made all of my symptoms, except the pain way worse. I spent all night spinning like a top. I am so dizzy and shaky this morning. Could I just be one of the few that can't use it or are my symptoms getting worse? Mind you, I think I ate a little too much of that brownie...some of the issue is from that.

Originally posted by amyrising View Post
    Could I just be one of the few that can't use it or are my symptoms getting worse?
    Hi amyrising,

Like you I used MJ many years ago, recreationally. I was dealing with some non-stop, several months of pain which traditional medication was not even coming close to touching.

In desperation and pain, I spoke to a friend of mine who kindly got some MJ for to try.

Well, it certainly brought back memories of years long gone (my computer screen was hilarious )

Unfortunately, MJ did not help my pain. It did increase some of my MS symptoms.

I had no lasting damage or problems. When the MJ was out of my system my symptoms went back to what is normal for me.

You will read many accounts of those using MJ to treat different symptoms, with much luck.

It is important to remember those that post on MS forums are a very small percentage of those with MS.

I suspect there are others who have had a negative reaction when using MJ for MS symptoms, but they either don't use MS forum or don't post on them.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

You probably ate too much.

Ingesting MMJ is not for beginners. It is true that it is a healthier way to use it but it is much more difficult to regulate and the effects last a lot longer.

MMJ can have a dreamy or trippy effect. Whatever you focus on will have a stronger presents. If you focus on your pain or discomfort; they will be amplified.

The type of mmj is very important.
      A heavy Indica bud will tend to be more dreamy/trippy.
      A Sativa strain tends to have more of a physical effect. (better pain relief less mental effect)

Marijuana has changed over the years. It is much stronger now. Just a dab will do.
      It is not possible to OD on marijuana but if you use too much it can be a miserable time.

If you ever try it again I would suggest you try smoking it and start with only one small hit. Wait 20 min, and go from there.

I have been using mmj for years and like any other drug, it does not work for everybody and if it does work for you, it takes a while to figure out.

Comment

The shaking is from your muscles going back into spasms and pain. Next time save some of your brownie and eat only a bite or two and wait for symptom management before another bite.

If you take an anti-depressant (ssri) it generally subsides those severe swings in feelings. Or if you are on one, then I am not sure why you are having those feelings.

Do you have any idea of which strain those were made from?

Glad you had some pain relief though! We all need a break. It'll wear off and not harm you.

Something tells me that the meds you are on, simply are the wrong ones and that is why you are in so much pain. Are you on any ssri's or anti-depressants? The ssri's are rather helpful for spasms and pain. Consider asking your M.D. for some.

With ssri's I get the same feelings--muscles relaxing and then back to spasms--until the next dose; the roller coaster; unless I put 1/4 teaspoon of mmj in my expresso/coffee maker. fed

Comment

Amyrising: I went thru and read all your posts and it sure sounds like you and me are experiencing the same phenomenona~~Spasticity of all muscles.

I've used my mmj sparingly to try to get a 'feel' for my present situation, which is painful as you well know.

My docs put me on Sinemet and Effexor last week. I was suppose to be taking the Sinemet but felt it made little difference and discovered it actually made a big difference. Which is when I experienced the shakes/spasm/tremors from my muscles relaxing with the pills and then turning back to spasm/tremor/shakes, when the pill wears off.

I cannot tolerate it, the ups and downs of medicine working and dissolving in your systems. After about 8 weeks the ups and downs should resolve with the ssri's. To increase a dose before that time frame, we may have too much relaxation of our muscles.

I am using my opiates to get thru the ups and downs of this medicine and keep crossing my fingers the ssri's will build up in my system a bit more quickly than 7 more weeks of it.

Biting the bullet and trying to ride it out until stabilized can seemingly take way too long.

Once my muscles relax I can feel the spasms move up my body from the lower half, can even feel it move through my neck to my head. When the spasms relax it seems my 'balance' is much better. When the spasms are going wild---my balance is bad.

SSRI's should improve the balance issue, they are for me? until it wears off.
          I wonder if the Ritalin is making the symptoms more 'pronounced' or bringing on the symptoms? Perhaps you could consider getting your symptoms of muscles controlled more, before taking anymore Ritalin? Something to discuss with your doc?

You, Must feel like your hands and feet are in a light socket...that is about the least pain I am getting with just the ssri's.

The increase in body heat can be due to the Ritalin (a side-effect of Ritalin-so is muscle spasm) OR muscle tension/spasm/tremors/shakes; also. I've been experiencing that, as well, but my temp actually goes up, some.

Once I can get my symptoms stabilized with the pills, i'll decide whether to use entirely organic measures, after that. I just need some relief now; like you! It is driving me nuts! fed

Comment

It is 4:30 pm my time and I still feel dizzy and nauseous and rather stoned. I also fell asleep/ blacked out while driving...twice. I called the doctor and she wants to start me on some oral steroids.

I am currently taking Gabapentin, Zoloft, Ritalin (not taken after 1:00), Hydrocodone for pain.

Last nights debacle was my own doing...I ate way too much. It just feels like it is not wearing off.

Comment

If you are getting sleep that you need, there is nothing wrong with that. You are having too many Ups and Downs with the medications you are on. It takes a little time for that to settle down.

I am doing the exact same thing without Ritalin, but I am being patient for the ssri's to start working, longer. I expect it will 'smooth' out in time, this is the beginning of my 2nd week of them.

Then I'll deal with the fatigue issue. I feel certain if I can get the serious total body spasms to subside, the Ups and Downs might be less.

The problem is waiting the weeks that I need to for the medicine to do its magic.

I can just about time when it is going to be up and down time for me and take a pain pill or other medication. It is driving me nuts too! But, I need to give the medicine they give me an opportunity to handle this.

The steroids are surely a better choice than the Ritalin, for now. Give the other pills time to start working before trying to resolve your energy issues. Too many new medications at once can spin you around.

Sorry you ate too many brownies, I am surprised your friend did not warn you! But, I bet you got some good rest.

As far as your 'blacking' out, I read you've done that before and you need to ask your doc about that, because you shouldn't be driving with that, at all. Use good judgement and don't drive if you feel impaired or actually are.

With my similar medications I spend as much time going in and out of spasms as I do with the muscles in complete knots and hard. Just trying to wait this out, for now.

Sure hope you get on those steroids quickly and get to feeling better. fed

Comment

forgot this

amyrising; ssri's cause nausea, btw; I am having some issues with it, but it is starting to let up with the subsequent dose's of medicine.

read the papers about your medicine when they give it to you and look for side effects.

I went and looked up Ritalin after reading all your posts. I don't think it is causing your severe spasms, just feel it is making them worse and causing more serious flares in your spasms and the "hot" feeling is a side-effect of it. As well as, muscles in endless spasms. fed

Comment

Tommylee said everything I was gonna say.
                  Edibles scare me because they have kicked my butt a couple times. I ate too much for sure. But it's hard to know what you're gonna get. Some dispensaries (most?) here in CO sell edibles but they're often labeled with the dosage of THC.

I suggest just smoking a bowl. One hit and you'll be able to judge whether it will really help. I used to smoke it for severe nerve pain, and it did nothing for me pain wise, but it calmed me down, helped the anxiety. I wouldn't use it if I were having vertigo.
                  No sir, I don't like it.
                  Diagnosed August 30, 2013.

Comment

Tommylee and JBW are absolutely right. Had one or two "interesting" edible experiences myself. Very tasty chocolate brownies, very more-ish.

Trouble is it's tied in with your digestion, and there might be more in one bit than another, and by the time it starts to work, you may already have had too much.

Yes, we all know the supposed evils of smoking the dreaded weed, but at least you can regulate the dose.

Please be careful with driving.

Comment

Working...
                    X