new journey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new journey!

Hello all, here is a glimpse of my new journey that I'm unsure of.
    I am 37 years young have 2 children and have been diagnosed with MS a week ago today! I've been under tests for the last year and a half.
    I'm still in denial I think and question if I really have it. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced my symtoms and if your on treatment if so what treatment and how is it working? As for now I'm experimenting with supplements and trying to do better with not eating gluten and dairy... That alone has been a journey! I went to a whole food store bought alot of organic fruits and vegetables, washed and cut them all up and put them in individual bags and froze them... Now onto the next amazing thing... I actually feel better, energy wise but still like my power naps which have been a little shorter. I want to try to see if the new way in eating changes anything... I'm scared of what the future may bring... I've been a very active runner and I've slipped off the band wagon within the last year. I thought I was not allowing my body to rest... Ok, for my symtoms already.... About once a month for at least 2 years my left arm and leg get really weak and it feels like a noodle and very heavy, when I would go down stairs I need to tell my self left, right ect, balance ,wow is it off at times! , my spinal tap came back clear which was followed by a blood patch!!! Sensory test was inconclusive for whatever reason and the evoc test came back fine. Vision gets blury at times and I do get pain behind my left eye... my MRI's show lesions... I don't know what to believe or is it I don't want to accept this journey??? Feed back, please??? :-)

Hello jenmac227

Welcome! sorry you have a reason to join us...I do the same thing (left, right, lift your leg dummy) to remind myself ..I get the very heavy leg feeling and that is what I call the beginning of my 'fatigue'...

I was dx before medications and went on the first one available in '94 (Betaseron Interferon Ib)....I am doing well on it and am scared to change because I'm not sure the next one will work as well for me, so I continue with my injections.

Science has made lots of advancements towards a cure. There is a great thead by Marco under 'Drugs and Treatment' explaining the different medications available.

I find that when I eat healthy, keep my weight down (a struggle)I always feel better...take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

You found the 'right' place for information about MS. I am glad that you chose to try diet and supplements in your routine. If you have RRMS, you, probably, should get on one of the 'approved' meds. Make sure your medical team is 'in the loop' with any supplements you choose. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X