concerned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

concerned

I am newly Dx: with primary progressive MS, lots of thoughts, a lot of things to consider, mobility, loss of bladder or bowel control along with swallowing abilities, time frames, caregivers, all of it. this is scary

I'm sorry to hear about your dx. My husband has had ppms for nearly 20 years. One thing about ppms, is that in many cases progression is quite slow. For the first ten years of his ms, my husband wasn't affected that much. He finally went into a wc two years ago, but still retains use of his upper body and arms.

I can understand your fear, and just wanted you to know that you could progress very slowly. My husband has many interests, and enjoys his life.

Comment

First of all, I am sorry for all you are going through. Yes, this is a disease of surprises at times. BUT..you are diagnosed at a time they know a LOT more about MS and have many new treatments than 20 years ago.

Once I went to a MS conference lunch and learned that now our brains CAN re-myelinate where they once believed that to be permanent. AND now they are getting closer to help the brain improve its ability to heal.

At that same conference I heard a man with PPMS who initially could not even feed himself. He had been in a wheelchair. With sheer determination and physical activity, he got his body to repair enough to learn to walk again, and RUN! He is now doing marathons!!!! It blew me away! All through EXERCISE!

So yes keep your body at it optimal best by keeping up with physical movement and exercise. It helps the brain a lot! Now the Neuros understand that healing process better and newer treatments are helping.

Tell your family/friends/community that the funds raised by MS societies fund raisers go to research. These researchers say they could not do their work without these funds raised by MS societies.

So keep your hopes up, your attitude. Make sure you eat well, watch the chemicals you put in your body and exercise best you can!!

Keep us informed as to how you are doing and know that we understand and will walk this journey along side you, ok?

Warmly, Jan
      I believe in miracles~!
      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
      X