Help please! Need desk chair with lift like feature URGENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please! Need desk chair with lift like feature URGENT

Hello folks. I've been spending copious amounts of time trying to find a new office chair that has lift cushion style features but with no luck.

Money is not a problem as I'm ready to pay whatever I must, I'm unable to work in my office at this point, I work at home.

Within the past year, my symptoms have grown to include needing a lift cushion to get out of my desk chair. I bought a lift cushion for my chair for like $250 and it works great but puts me up too high, about 3" higher than I should be.

So I bought a new office chair with every imaginable adjustment, specifically, thinking it's being a pneumatic seat adjustment. But alas it is crummy, as you have to lift yourself up to get the pneumatic lift to kick in. If I could do that, then I wouldn't need a lift cushion.

I do have some pneumatic stools which are much higher quality and it's easy for me to use them, but after sitting at my desk for even just an hour, I really need my lift cushion, but it puts me up too high, and I can find a chair that can sit low enough to compensate for the extra height of the lift cushion.

Surely there must be someone out there who has experienced this and has found a chair that works well with this situation?

I'm desperate! My productivity is zero! and normally I'm extremely productive! Anyone? Please help?
    ---------------
    "It's never crowded along the extra mile." --Dr. Wayne Dyer

Reply to myself

I just ordered a bambach saddle chair which is apparently a lift cushion with wheels the video testimonials of MSers in the UK clinched it for me.

I'll definitely post about how it works for me after I get it late next week.
    ---------------

Comment

Sorry no one else had a suggestion yet, but hope this works out great for you! I hope you'll post back with your "critique" on it. I'm sure others would benefit from your experience.

Best wishes,
      Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Have to special order

I'll have to cancel the order tomorrow and have them special order the large size for me. Checking my receipt, they somehow got the wrong size ordered.

Since the large isn't in stock, it will take 2.5 months to get it. By that time, I probably won't be able to even use it so we'll see how that goes. My lack of mobility seems to be declining so quickly, I may be completely bedridden in a few months but I'll wait and see.
        ---------------

Comment

Hi RockysMom:

Unless I missed something, the Bambach saddle chair is NOT a lift cushion with wheels. The video on the website shows that it's just a pneumatic chair like every other pneumatic chair but with a different kind of seat. There's not a lift in any of the models I saw on the site. Which one did you order?

Comment

Originally posted by RockysMom View Post
            Hello folks. I've been spending copious amounts of time trying to find a new office chair that has lift cushion style features but with no luck.

Money is not a problem as I'm ready to pay whatever I must, I'm unable to work in my office at this point, I work at home.

Within the past year, my symptoms have grown to include needing a lift cushion to get out of my desk chair. I bought a lift cushion for my chair for like $250 and it works great but puts me up too high, about 3" higher than I should be.

So I bought a new office chair with every imaginable adjustment, specifically, thinking it's being a pneumatic seat adjustment. But alas it is crummy, as you have to lift yourself up to get the pneumatic lift to kick in. If I could do that, then I wouldn't need a lift cushion.

I do have some pneumatic stools which are much higher quality and it's easy for me to use them, but after sitting at my desk for even just an hour, I really need my lift cushion, but it puts me up too high, and I can find a chair that can sit low enough to compensate for the extra height of the lift cushion.

Surely there must be someone out there who has experienced this and has found a chair that works well with this situation?

I'm desperate! My productivity is zero! and normally I'm extremely productive! Anyone? Please help?
            Might be easier to modify your desk at this point, lol. Cinder blocks, anyone? Hillbilly office equipment, lol.

I've seen lazyboys with a lift feature- you could try visiting their website and see if they also manufacture office equipment with comparable features or compatibility for aftermarket later.

Comment

Working...
            X