On the bright side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bright side

Well they always say bad thing come in threes, well I say they come in droves.
    This has been a nasty week so let me just list a few of the details.

1. Fell down the outside stairs.
    2. Big extension ladder fell off wall and hit me in the head and right shoulder.
    3. Dr. thinks I have a torn rotator cuff left shoulder.
    4. Tested positive for the JC virus.
    5. I have spinal spasms, burning, and electrical pain from my low back all the way up my spine to the right side of my head and eye. Pretty sure I am in a flare.

On The Bright Side my medicare will finally start on 11/1/2013.
    I was reading the post on platitudes and that is what set this post in motion. I think I have heard them all this week.
    Peace

Tortis

tortis,

Speechless.... Not a single platitude to offer....

But I will add a few prayers that your past week was a "once-in-a-century" kind of week.

Maybe it's all up from here, or at least as "up" as can be considering everything.

Jer

Comment

Great reply Jer. You made my day!

PEACE

Tortis

Comment

Ouch- the ladder was over the top.

As for the spasms- last nite I was awakened and it was as if someone was going at my ankle, relentlessly, with a sledge hammer. In the midst of the attack, I remembered that I skipped the nightly magnesium pill (and other supplements). Please give Mg a try - balanced with Calcium at a 2:1 ratio Ca:Mg. It´s worth a try.

If you´re gonna live in Bark river, good thing you have a dog.

Comment

OMG~enough!!!!!!!!

Sorry for ALL you have been enduring. I hope your attitude brings you greater joy and better times.

Sometimes adjusting our attitude is all we CAN control and do for ourselves.

I remember paying Cobra which was wiping out my little savings, then going 5 months without ANY insurance till my Medicare started for my disability. I chose AARP and its been good, with all my providers, hospitals, RX included. But I am older.

Now not all back issues are MS related. It could be or, like me, I have both spinal stenosis, in lumbar and cervical areas along with spasticity issues. So make sure you get a thorough evaluation.

I see my Ortho doc first, trust his evaluations. He shows me what is neuro and what is ortho. So keep that in mind. AND changing one's diet, doing stretching can decrease inflammation which can often lead to this burning pain.
          Your attitude and gratitude is remarkable..just know how much I appreciate YOU!!

Gentle hugs.. may you get well soon

Jan
          I believe in miracles~!
          2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
          Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
          X