Constipation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, the conversations we have!

Here is my theory about my MS and constipation. MS causes your immune system to attack the myelin sheath, right?

Well, in my work we do a lot of reading about the brain and such. Read a book called the talent code, which talks about building the myelin sheath through purposeful and meaningful practice. Talent is born, it is bred through this good practice.

So, if you could cut into the brain of Michael Jordan, and look at the myelin on his basketball playing nerves, they would be much thicker than my basketball playing nerves . He developed that thick myelin sheath through years of good, solid practice.

Now, a lot of my adult life has been spent in an elementary classroom, where frankly, bodily functions can only be utilized during recess, or lunch time. So unfortunately, I got really good practice at not listening to my body and its need to go!

Thus, as MS attacks my body, some of my thinner myelin would be in the bathroom function areas of my brain!

I take Citrucel daily, along with magnesium, along with Linzess, (which is a prescription that keeps things moving along) and I still have to use a suppository daily to get things moving out of my body!

Just part of my daily ritual! Isn't life fun!
    Brenda
    Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I 2nd chia seeds

I've never been a big "bandwagon" person. I've heard about chia seeds but never really thought much about them. For some reason I was at Costco the other day and saw a bag of them and picked it up and looked at it. Saw how much fiber they had and since I've had some "issues" in the bowel movement department, despite a healthy high fiber diet already, I bought them. I'll usually add a tablespoon or so of flax seeds to my smoothies every morning so I tried it with chia seeds. I wasn't expecting some miracle but I can honestly say that it's been much easier to "go" lately.
      Who knows if it's coincidence or what but I'll take what I can get. Worth a shot if you've been having issues. As an added benefit, chia pudding is kind of fun too

Comment

Working...
      X