Crappy day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy day

Hey everyone, I was dx in Feb. '06 and have had a pretty easy time of it. Had my onset that year with numbness and facial burning and one flare of ON the following year. Since then, I have had some residual symptoms (numbness, burning, some spasms), but no real flare. That is until last week.

Suddenly it seems that every nerve in my face is a mess. I have both the normal (for me) burning in the lower left side of my face and now the stabbing electrical pains in my temple and behind my ear. Today my teeth felt like someone punched them and the pain has been nauseating all day. I am also off balance and have left side burning in my hand and foot.

I was prescribed a three week course of steroids last week by my pcp. Because I was unmedicated and my course was unchanged for so long, I have not been to the neuro in 3 1/2 yrs. They cannot see me until the end of the month because I am considered a "new patient" now. The first week of steroids was great but now that I have dropped to half the dose everything is coming back just as bad.

Not sure whether I should call my pcp and see if he will up them or if I should go to the er and hope for the IV steroids. Just very frustrated because I was definitely in denial and thought maybe it would never show up again.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi purpleivy

Welcome! You're fortunate to be sx free all this time. I hope the steroids get you back to where you were.

Take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

IMHO, I would go to the ER for IV steroids. Or better yet, call that Neuros office and tell them you are in a flare. They might give you a same day appointment.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
      Katie
      "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
      "My MS is a Journey for One."
      Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
      X