New from WV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from WV

Hi everyone! My name is Lisa and I was diagnosed (dx) 2 weeks ago. However, symptoms started over 5 years ago. My symptoms got worse and my PCP sent me back to a Neuro that specializes in MS. I am waiting on someone to contact me to show me how to give myself injections of Copaxone, the reason being I can give them to myself, and I was in nursing school for 2years so that isn't a problem, the problem however is how you have to rotate sites and I need help with getting to those sites, so I am having my husband and mother trained with me that way I can rotate properly. I down loaded a really neat app to help me with remembering where I have injected myself. ( we all know about the memory issues, I am still looking for my drink I had earlier this morning. )

As for accepting the dx I have good days and bad days. Right now I am reading up on MS and have found wonderful tips to get me through. I still have those moments where I cry and I know I just need to get used to it and move on. That doesn't mean it scares the hell out of me.

Any tips and tricks are warmly welcome, and I appreciate it in advance.. Thanks for reading!!
    Currently in Limboland / "probable"?
    CervMRI 1 Lesion/Brain MRI 2 "small" Lesions
    LP/umm proteins are high?/Bloodwork/not normal

Hi Lisa: In the beginning there are lots of emotions that you just have to work through. You can get help through a counselor, which is a good option, or your family if they are supportive. You really can't ignore these emotions because if you do they will only pop up later, you have to work through them. It will get better. At some point you will become comfortable with your disease. You may not like it, but you will be at peace with it. It takes people different times to get to this point, but most people will get there.

I did Copaxone for a while and loved it. I had no side effects while on it, other than some injection site reactions. I could manage them by injecting manually. I am an RN too. You will quickly adjust to the injections. Manual ones do not hurt like the pen.

I am glad you found our site. Look around, ask and answer questions on the boards, and check out our chat rooms too!

I hope you are feeling better soon, let us know how it goes, OK?

Take care
    Lisa
    Moderation Team
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X