Skull pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skull Pain

Sorry to heaer about your pain. Oh yeah, I've had it in spades . My original neuro (RIP) gave me a shot of cortisone at the base of my skull in a nerve on the side where the pain was - left btw. That kept me good for about a year . Since I've been on Tysabri I haven't had this pain again .

Good luck,
    MarisNT="Comic Sans MS"]

Comment

Migraine?

Basilar migraines are felt in the back of the head near the juncture of the skull and spinal cord. It radiates into the neck and sometimes causes other neuological symptoms.

Originally posted by goddessmoon View Post
      I woke up Tuesday with a pain in the back of my head, not a headache but what feels like skull pain. I don't have a headache in the traditional sense. It's throbbing and aching and I have had no relief with Ibuprofen or Aleve. Husband took me to the ER Tuesday night. Had a CT Brain which was normal and ER doc found no neurological symptoms. He thinks it may be an early sign of shingles; however I have no rash. ER doctor prescribed Tylenol with codeine which also has not helped (just makes me drowsy and now constipated). I have appointment to see my primary care physician on Monday. Anyone else have this kind of pain??? I have had shingles before on my left arm about 25 years ago. I am hoping that this is not shingles.
      CIS DX 2013

Comment

Goddess, I hope your doc's treatment idea works, although I'm not too sure it will from what you said.

I just wanted to add something I forgot and it's been bugging me! I NEVER have a headache with this skull pain. Sometimes I have tenderness to the touch afterwards and some throbbing, but it abates quickly.

Also, I have noticed two things. It seems to happen when I'm either under extreme stress, or when I'm turning my head for a period of time - like sitting in the passenger seat of a car and turning to the left to talk to the driver.

Don't know if that helps, but I keep thinking about you....

Btw, I've had this since I was a kid, but it bothers me rarely, maybe once or twice a year.

Good luck!
        Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

There is a thing called occipital neuralgia. Like trigeminal neuralgia but a different nerve, the occipital nerve.

Google it and see if that fits. Could be from a lesion on that nerve.

Or could be something completely different! Just a thought!

Comment

Working...
          X