No announcement yet.

new diagnosis-terrified!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry but what is CIS? I don't know all of the abbreviations yet. They did start me on Gilenya last week. I am glad that I found a good neurologist and that I'm being treated. It's just moving so fast. In another post I stated that I feel lucky that I am not caught in limbo like so many others but as I am reading a report from my neuro to my PCP I am still kind of scared. Examples:

-significant numbers of enhancing lesions
    -3 enhancing lesions in the left hemisphere
    -lesion in the left parietal lobe measures 3cm and has ring enhancement
    -she also has 8 or 9 other white matter lesions scattered in both hemispheres consistent with ms
    -that is the reason I would like to start with a more aggressive treatment than the average person
    -given the severity of her disease and onset I would favor Gilenya

This seems like way too much for someone newly diagnosed. Don't get me wrong...I am grateful to know the cause of my symptoms and to be treated for it...this is still just way too much to digest. How on earth did I go without symptoms for so many years and accumulate that many lesions? I should be grateful for that as well but it seems like if I would have had symptoms sooner then I would not have as much damage now. It just makes me scared of what the future holds.....

Comment

Working...
    X