Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldier who just diagnosed

Hello everyone,
    I'm Jason I was diagnosed on 26 Sept 2013. I'm new to all this, slowing down I've been pushing fast and hard for 15 years in the army that will end in the very near future.

I have a wife two great girls and the terrorist (2poodles). They are one people I feel the most for I have let them down, I understand this isn't fault.

I'm currently taking betaseron and prednisone. It was nice of my doctor to place me on 30 days of con leave to heal up from this flare up. I'm waiting to see see my Neurologist next week to see if he want to change my treatment.

I'm doing what I can to stay positive and figure out my new future.

Cheers Jason

Hi Jason!

welcome, and sorry you have a reason to join us...I hope you know about premedicating (taking ibuprofin or similar with the Beta injection) It really made a difference for me..I didn't know that for the first few years

staying positive is very beneficial...I've been on Betaseron for 19 years. I hate the shots but It has helped me and I'm afraid to switch. I'm still doing okay and take care of my home and 2 grand children.

Hang in there and take care
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hello Jason, and welcome to MS World! We are glad you joined us! We have a military sub forum that you can contribute to for sure! We also have many other forums you can contribute to and ask questions in. We also have chat rooms that we hope you will check out.

Sorry you were just diagnosed, but glad you found us for support. Thank you for your service!

Take care,
      Lisa
      Moderation Team
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

hey jason

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Also being in the miltary, I hope there is alot of lessons learned we can share. I only have 7 1/2 yrs in compared to your 15. I really felt as though I was shoved thru the MEB process. Everyone saw MS and just stamped the paper. There was really no time for me to learn anything or to get a grasp on the situation. Nice look out from your doctor though with the con leave. I got two weeks for my first hospitalization and a week for my second. Now i'm just going to work for short periods of time. As a NCO I had to turn over all my soldiers and most of my responsibiiities. I'm very short used these days. As I get info/lessons learned I will pass them on. Take care and good luck

Comment

I feel you pain, it really doesn't set in until you loose your Soldiers and your job. My neurologist told me he is treating people with MS on active duty.

I'm still undecided what to do Is used my energy fighting explaining myself to every new CoC that comes my way or just take the retirement.

I'm planning thing I want and continue to do like Crossfit, and I plan on run a marathon in the future even if it kills me. Life's for the living I'm not going to let some crappy condition rule me.

Just remember you can still mentor Soldiers even if you're not there boss, help the junior Soldiers study for promotion boards. I'm a firm believe it's our job as NCO's to teach Soldiers to be better than we are.

You were saying they just stamped your packet and keep moving you along, if you feel there is something missing slow the process down, ie appeal everything question everything the doctors are doing. I feel luck my best friend my wife goes to all my appt if not things would probably turnout bad for me, the con fog makes everything hard.

Cheers
          Jason

Comment

Salte and lwdad, I admire you both for your positive attitude and your continued service. Good luck with your decision making process.

Comment

Working...
            X