Newly diagnosed with Ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly diagnosed with Ms

First let me thank everyone on this site. It has been more helpful to me than I can express in words. Was diagnosed with ms on Sept. 24 2013... known symptoms for 3 yrs..

My neuro. has prescribed Avonex. Waiting for in home demo appt. to start my injections. I'm am being treated for rrms but my neuro suspects that I have prms. Have another mri on December 19, 2013 to see if my ms is going into remission or staying active.

My ms is affecting my cognitive functions more than anything else. Other symptoms have been back pain, unable to empty bladder ( catheterization done) eye sight. By far the worst and most frequent has been with cognitive issues. Haven't been back to work since August 29,2013 and dealing with my hr department has been a horrible experience to say the least.

That is just one of my many things that I have had to try to deal with since my diagnosis. Afraid I'm about to lose my job, out of money and not many options to turn to. Still I'm being as positive as I can be but have to say that with still having active symptoms and having to deal with the possibility of having prms and all that has happened in the past month is taking a toll on me. I blame myself for not being more financially prepared for this since I have known for the past year that this was more than likely coming.

Again thank God for this web site and all of you that are here..... All will be okay as I accept all the things that I have no control over and as time passes by and I find ways to deal with all the upcoming challenges. I'm going to be okay with all my new found friends here... Ty so much....

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope everything works out okay for you.

Comment

Hello, I am new here as well. Also, new to ms.

I just took my 13th avonex injection and it hasn't been to bad at all. I have noticed I get flu like symptoms only when I haven't hydrated well.

Good luck on your ms journey.
      Tira

Comment

Hello tlbaker381

Welcome..glad you found your way here, come back often and share...we're all in this together.

Take care
        Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Working...
        X