Diary style on line programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diary style on line programs?

Does anyone know if there is a website that allows you to log in and keep a daily log of your day? Since we're trying to get hubby in to see a new neuro, I'd like to spend the time between now and then doing a journal every day for him. How he felt that day, what his level of pain, weakness, tiredness, etc was, what he ate, what the weather was like, etc. Just see if we can find any kind of pattern at all. I keep feeling like maybe he's not had a definite diagnosis because maybe all his doctors have missed something.

Hello mrs1885 and thank you for being a great advocate for your husband! Keeping a journal is an excellent idea. I found this review that rates many online dairies that you two might be interested in. http://online-diary-review.toptenreviews.com/

Bear in mind, they all cost money, but if that isn't an issue, you might find help this way.

I'm not really computer savvy, so someone else may have better suggestions. Hope all goes well with your husband's visit with a new neuro!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Hello mrs1885 and thank you for being a great advocate for your husband! Keeping a journal is an excellent idea. I found this review that rates many online dairies that you two might be interested in. http://online-diary-review.toptenreviews.com/

Bear in mind, they all cost money, but if that isn't an issue, you might find help this way.

I'm not really computer savvy, so someone else may have better suggestions. Hope all goes well with your husband's visit with a new neuro!
      Thanks. Unfortunately money is a HUGE issue. I've had to quit work to stay home to take care of hubby. His parents have been more than generous, taking over our mortgage payments. But it still means we're trying to make ends meet on his disability check.

I did find blogger. I figured until I can find something on line that's easier I can at least use that. Was hoping for a program that has fill in the blank areas so I don't forget any info. Maybe I should create one.

Comment

First of all, so sorry for all you and your hubby are going through. What a trooper to be the caretaker!! You both are enduring such loss and life changing events. But that must be love~

I keep a short journal of symptoms, frequency and duration typed on any word program. Doctors do not like lengthy but bullet points of signs/symptoms and duration.

Hope you get this going best you can.

Hugs, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thanks Jan. Maybe if I can't find a program then, I'll do a short list of his symptoms with how often he experiences them and how long they tend to last. At least with keeping a daily list I can screen it a few days before the appointment and compile something for him that's more concise.

And yes, it is love. When he gets frustrated because we're broke or he's miserable or whatever, I remind him that we still have a lot more than some people do. I'll never take him granted. Even if every now and then I'd like to bonk him in the head with a pool noodle!

Comment

Mrs1885, you have my compassion and empathy anytime. I had a husband with brain trauma and it cost us a lot !

You can email me anytime if you choose to for extra support. My address is in my profile.

Hugs, Jan
            I believe in miracles~!
            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

You might consider using http://www.patientslikeme.com instead of an online journal site.

Comment

Thank you Jan.

Marco, that site is great. I've already joined and am filling in a lot of his info. I like that you can go back in time and enter general info. Once I did that I could really see the progression of his condition.

Comment

https://freediary.me lets you keep an online diary.
                  I try to write in it every day, together with mediation it helps me understand my inner self.

An online diary is absolutely recommended. Especially for people like me because I type a lot faster than I can write.

Comment

Working...
                  X