shocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shocked

im a 37yr old in the middle of divorce, have 2boys and 3stepchildren. i just recently found out i have RRMS in March of this yr. I played Roller Derby, starting noticing signs of balance off, and my r leg not responding. i took a hard fall to the head and had to go in for MRI. Then all of a sudden i was being putt through all these test. finally the dr told me. i started taking Capaxone, and that did not do well. i had servere reaction to sites, now recently have been put on Avonex. i have been to one convention so far, it was a little overwelming at first..i had so many questions going through my head. im new to all of this and scared, and will admit still in shock. ive shed alot of tears since march.

Welcome to MSWorld, craftywroughtiron. It sounds like you've really been through the wring this year with divorce and MS. A lot of people do really well on Avonex, and hopefully you will, too.

Comment

Hi,

So sorry that you're going through such a rough patch. Being dx is bad enough...but not having your partner for all the support that you need must be hard.

Wishing you a lot of strength during this time.

Take care!
      Minnie76
      Still in limbo

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD!!!!! great to have you, but sorry why.
        since you are going thru so much, remember to take time for yourself, stress is awful for ms. good luck
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Welcome, I'm sure you will get lots of support and encouragement here. I have!!!

Sorry, to hear about your marital situation, that would and I am sure is horrible especially at a time like this when support is so crucial.

I am also new to this disease, I was just dx in June of this year.

I started with avonex and have had good luck with the medication. I was very concerned of the flu like symptoms that I anticipated but after 13 injections I have only had a few times where I experienced the flu like symptoms.

Also, you probably have been informed to hydrate yourself well and for me this was very important. The few times I had a reaction I had forgotten to hydrate and I am sure this is why I felt so yucky.

For me and I hate to share this but I am bi-polar and I take lithium for this and 2 times I had skipped a couple doses and about 6 hours after taking the avonex I began to hallucinate. My husband called avonex and was told it was a reaction to my lithium and to discontinue the med. I didn't want to try another med so I continued against there advice and I did have it happen another time but again I was careless and skipped a couple doses. Since then I am very careful now and take an extra dose the day I inject.

The odds are 43 in 10,000 of this reaction so I am not trying to add any anxiety just trying to help if you can relate.
          Tira

Comment

Thank u all for the great welcomes... Tira, I also have to take other meds, they are for tremors.i also have the flu symptoms when I take avonex. ive noticed the same when well dehydrated the symptons are less, even though my emotions get very high. I have up coming app w new neuro in two wks. will see how that goes. I know the stress has not helped, but im a fighter and will get through this. Im hoping and praying that the drs will say im stable and not progressing. I would like to go back to Derby, so I can show my children and others that no matter what not to give up, live life, and achieve ur goals. At my last Derby bout we painted a MS ribbon on my helmet, and people in crowd held up signs w MS Ribbons...as I learn myself, I also want to teach others here about this disease. we don't have much stuff here. nearest education is 3hrs away. and can be rough w money tight. im from Washington. thank u all once again.. Crafty

Comment

Originally posted by craftywroughtiron View Post
              I would like to go back to Derby, so I can show my children and others that no matter what not to give up, live life, and achieve ur goals. At my last Derby bout we painted a MS ribbon on my helmet, and people in crowd held up signs w MS Ribbons...as I learn myself, I also want to teach others here about this disease. Crafty
              My daughter used to be in Derby for quite a few years in WA also. I loved watching the sport, but it can be brutal!! That's really cool that the team and fans supported you. I wish you lots of successes on your MS journey and hope you can fulfill your desire to educate others and keep doing what you love - I like your attitude, Crafty!

Welcome, welcome!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
              X