Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good morning

hello all,

i have been coming in to chat for almost a week now. perhaps it is time for a more formal introduction...

My name is Lisa, i am 42, i live in northern Iowa. I have two children and 5 step children. Currently living in our house are: my husband, my 12 yo son, my almost 14 yo daughter and my two youngest step children 16 yo boy and 17 yo girl.

I commute to my bookkeeping job which is about 12 miles away.

Last year i because severely anemic, so when i once again started feeling fatigued, headachey, weak and tingly i had my ferritin checked again.

the symptoms increased over the course of a few weeks, seemed to peak and then began to recede. i now, after 2 months, have primarily left side tingling, some degree of cog fog, fatigue.

it was still in the normal range. I asked for blood work on more possible nutritional deficiencies (i had gastric bypass surgery 9 years ago and deficiencies can be common)

all that bloodwork came back normal as well. so, i took the neurologist referal my doctor offered.

my appt in monday, sept 30

coming to this site and chatting with others who know what i am feeling and also know the process involved with trying to figure out all these mysterious things has been helpful in reducing my stress and getting my thoughts in order.

thank you for the warm welcome!

Lisa

Hi and welcome!! Good luck with your upcoming dr apt!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Lisa! Glad you checked in with the message boards~ I hope you appt goes well next Monday and you truly do not have MS. The diagnostic process can be long and slow and they need to rule out many other conditions, so good luck!

I was born and raised in Iowa, so from one native Iowan to another, Welcome I moved away many years ago, but visit family there every year.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Morriegrl and welome to MS World.

Sure understand what you are going through and my vision is telling me you'll be 'going' thru a bunch of stuff before this is over! Good luck on your journey, hope you find the answers you seek here..or just ask! fed

Comment

thanks

thanks everyone for the encouraging words. looking forward to my appointment to see what the neuro can make of all this.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
            Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Working...
            X