Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDN

Has anyone tried Low dose naltrexone to treat their ms

While there are many people here who take LDN, including myself, I'd suggest you go to the "Useful LDN Information" sticky above and visit the LDN Research Trust YouTube Channel where there are about 185 interviews of people taking LDN for multiple sclerosis.

Comment

I use LDN, daily. The question that needs to be answered is 'Will my doctor prescribe it ?' . I had to doctor shop to find a doctor that would prescribe it. Good luck

Comment

LDN interviews

Thanks for posting about the LDN YouTube interviews. Great stuff! One of them also mentioned lowdosenaltrexone.org, which does have research and lots of other good info. I'm planning to switch from Copaxone to LDN. I have a prescription for both, but can't afford to take both, and am now convinced of the benefits of LDN in preventing further deterioration as well as helping you feel better, so I'm willing to drop the Copaxone. No more injections will be nice!

Comment

To be completely upfront with you on this LDN issue, let me say that I take LDN because I am dx'd PPMS and there are no FDA approved meds for this form of MS. We PPMSer's are on our own to help ourselves, as best we can. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by suzannem24 View Post
            I'm planning to switch from Copaxone to LDN. I have a prescription for both, but can't afford to take both
            My LDN costs about $35 a month from a local compounding pharmacy, so I take both LDN and Copaxone as they work in different ways. LDN creates endorphins to modulate the immune system. The theory behind Copaxone's efficacy is that it programs white blood cells to not attack myelin, which is why its more effective the longer you are on it. Apparently it also acts as a decoy for the immune system. For an extra $1.17 a day I prefer to try and cover all my bases.

Comment

Working...
            X